GDT: Senators @ Red Wings | Nov. 24 | 7:30PM EST | TSN5, RDS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
10/10 thats a diving penalty for the sens. league has to stop with these agendas they have

I thought the Craig Anderson penalty was equally pathetic.

You could see the ref see Tatar throw himself into the boards, pause, and think: "I guess I should call a penalty"...then raise his hand.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Aragorn, Karlsson being on the ice on goals against? he's +4 in his last 5 games against good teams from the West. I can say he's been better defensively and it's a fact, Karlsson has always been a risk taker, will always be, he even said so in the playoffs vs MTL. Love it or leave it.

And to the poster whinning about people whinning on referees, we are always on the bad side of calls it's actually comical, don't know what's your take on that but look at the penalty on Turris and tell me Zetterberg doesn't have his stick right across Turris's belly? All the interference by Detroit etc. Seriously it's annoying and if people don't want to see whinning and critics on a hockey game that our team lost ffs don't get in a GDT what do you expect? The "better than everyone poster attitude" is so annoying

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
id see that second line struggling very badly

yeah, doesn't look good. i'd stick with michalek-zibanejad for a while. there are times when they show chemistry developing. more than zib and anyone else, so i'd give that time.
The lines were much better a month ago(meaning the team looked much better and winning), not sure why they are the way they are now.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Typically we go 1-1-1 so I was expecting an OTL/SOL tonight. Definitely underachievers now. With STL, FLA, TB coming up we need to at least go 1-1-1 before back to back against the 2nd place in the Metro Isles.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Karlsson played really good tonight. A few give aways here and there but that's life. They weren't brain dead give aways. He was trying to make something happen. He wasn't lethargic like he has been lately. He was pulling away from guys.

Ryan. I don't care anymore that he's backchecking. It's nice. But the guy is here to score goals. I don't care if he's payed 5.this or 7.that. He has to score for us to be anything other than bad.

Turris. This guy is trying. So hard. But I really think he is what he is. Great game tonight. Had some really good shifts. But still. Lacks that killer instinct and offensive explosiveness that you'd like to see from your 1LC.
MacArthur also is in the same boat as Turris. Everything I said about Turris goes for MacArthur. Luv them both though.

Cowen first bad game in like a month. All is forgiven in my eyes.
Ceci another good game.

Zibanejad looked good for two consecutive games for the first time this season. The guy was ripping through the neutral zone.

I don't mind legwand at even strength. Get him off the powerplay.

Neil did absolutely everything he could to get benched today. It didn't work. I don't care that he scored. That doesn't make a player good.

Smith is not good enough to play anything other than fourth line whatever.

BigBush*

yeah, doesn't look good. i'd stick with michalek-zibanejad for a while. there are times when they show chemistry developing. more than zib and anyone else, so i'd give that time.
The lines were much better a month ago(meaning the team looked much better and winning), not sure why they are the way they are now.

agreed, michalek-zib-chiasson would be my second line

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I have a bad feeling we are gonna land the 14th overall pick.

Off the goalies backs. And then it will be hailed as a learning experience. And then all the people that picked before us pass us in a few years time on the back of all the high talent they picked up. And we stay in the middle of the pack.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The problem with a game like tonight is that the score makes you think they were in this game but for a bounce here or there and that's how some will spin it. The players might even fool themselves.

I'm all for stopping the complaints about the core young guys including EK but the team needs a serious reassessment.

This season has gone long enough to realize some guys don't belong here and should be traded, waived / demoted or benched asap. Legwand was a big mistake. He doesn't come as advertised but that's just for starters. The coach also needs to be put on notice too. Management needs to speak up.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
On another note, I think Chiasson is struggling against 1st D pairings. Really like him and I think he is smarth and good but I think Ryan could open up more space for Turris and Mac on the 1st line. Chiasson doesn't play like he did on the 2nd unit, he always dumps. Still made a couple of nice passes tonight but used to do more IMO

BigBush*

Karlsson played really good tonight. A few give aways here and there but that's life. They weren't brain dead give aways. He was trying to make something happen. He wasn't lethargic like he has been lately. He was pulling away from guys.

Ryan. I don't care anymore that he's backchecking. It's nice. But the guy is here to score goals. I don't care if he's payed 5.this or 7.that. He has to score for us to be anything other than bad.

Turris. This guy is trying. So hard. But I really think he is what he is. Great game tonight. Had some really good shifts. But still. Lacks that killer instinct and offensive explosiveness that you'd like to see from your 1LC.
MacArthur also is in the same boat as Turris. Everything I said about Turris goes for MacArthur. Luv them both though.

Cowen first bad game in like a month. All is forgiven in my eyes.
Ceci another good game.

Zibanejad looked good for two consecutive games for the first time this season. The guy was ripping through the neutral zone.

I don't mind legwand at even strength. Get him off the powerplay.

Neil did absolutely everything he could to get benched today. It didn't work. I don't care that he scored. That doesn't make a player good.

Smith is not good enough to play anything other than fourth line whatever.

bang on

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
I think its time for Neil to take same games off. Condra would be so much better especially defending in the Sens end.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I could say the same thing about a lot of the posts in here.

Yes, MY attitude comes off as "superior", while everyone in here Armchair Coaching and throwing the same guys under the bus is humble and righteous, right?

Sure thing there, chief.

Armchair coaching. Something every. Single. Person. Here. Does. And anyone who says they don't is a liar.

And you say we always complain about the same stuff. Because they're still problems!!!!!

If I were to complain about like uhh stones skating! Then you can say "always complaining about the same things" because stones skating is no longer an issue.

WhiteLight*

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Stone
Michalek - Lazar - Chiasson
Greening - Smith - Condra

Wiericioch - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Borowiecki - Gryba

Lehner
Anderson

PP1
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Wiericioch - Karlsson

PP2
Chiasson - Zibanejad - Stone
Hoffman - Ceci

sensfan25

Dec 1, 2010
Vancouver
Tough game, Ottawa needs Methot back desperately. Our D constantly get trapped in the zone off plays which should be easy clears. Karlsson is truly at his best when he has a partner that is almost in the same stratosphere as him offensively but also someone who covers for his risks. Saying that Karlsson is the only reason this team has a chance at the playoffs.

Turris is doing what is expected of him, he is going against the top lines of other teams. IMO he hasn't hit his peak yet, Turris still has another level he will get to. Zibby is still developing but he looks like he is lacking confidence, he needs to play with a desperation.

People forget our payroll, imagine we had the ability to sign a top paring dman and also a top six forward. For what the owner spends on this team we are not doing bad. One thing I noticed during the past couple seasons is that our dmen back off at the blueline when the opposing team enters, I dont know if this is by design or not but I don't think it helps the team at all, they should be pressuring.

BigBush*

Tough game, Ottawa needs Methot back desperately. Our D constantly get trapped in the zone off plays which should be easy clears. Karlsson is truly at his best when he has a partner that is almost in the same stratosphere as him offensively but also someone who covers for his risks. Saying that Karlsson is the only reason this team has a chance at the playoffs.

Turris is doing what is expected of him, he is going against the top lines of other teams. IMO he hasn't hit his peak yet, Turris still has another level he will get to. Zibby is still developing but he looks like he is lacking confidence, he needs to play with a desperation.

People forget our payroll, imagine we had the ability to sign a top paring dman and also a top six forward. For what the owner spends on this team we are not doing bad. One thing I noticed during the past couple seasons is that our dmen back off at the blueline when the opposing team enters, I dont know if this is by design or not but I don't think it helps the team at all, they should be pressuring.

i think this is the biggest disconnect with reality most posters have; its not that simple! toronto has the ability to do this and has it worked for them?
its not like ottawa could just have signed statsny instead of legwand, vanek instead of michalek, or signed erhoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad