Senators ranked 19th in NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
They are polar opposites stylistically and for what they bring to the table. Joseph's game is built around his speed while Amadio is a smart player. A player that likely embraces his role better and can play more forward positions. Joseph was only effective on left wing, he couldnt take a pass on his back hand. If he was more consistent he would be a very effective player but you never knew which Joseph you were getting night in and night out. I think they want someone who is more versatile and consistent.

Agreed about your last two sentences.

Kleven is a much bigger need than Brannstrom speaking of redundant players on this team. Kleven will not only be fine he will be good. He is a good player and was developed properly for his skillset, body type and position. Was a rock for the sens at the end of the year. He is an actual defensive shut down d man who can skate and make a first pass. The sens dont have that in the lineup outside of Zub and hopefully Jensen. D men dont need to be loud the best ones you dont notice.

I really dont think anyone should be counting on Norris. If he is effective great but if not then its a boat anchor of a contract. I personally feel like he is probably done. The way I look at the team I dont have him in the lineup or as part of the future.
If the 3rd surgery using the same surgeon as Tank doesn't work, then I'll write him off. I do expect him to be tentative at the beginning until he trusts that he won't get injured again, but I want to believe that the underlying issue was the surgeon and that this new surgeon finally fixed the problem and that the stem cell therapy works wonders. Luckily we don't have much longer to wait to find out.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
You said "Cousins, Gregor and maybe Ostapchuk/Crookshank will be massive upgrades on the 4th line." You missed MacEwen who has an NHL contract and will be there too.

Our 4th line last season consisted of Kelly, Kastelic, MacEwen, & perhaps Kubalic.

I don't see Cousins, Gregor and maybe Ostapchuk/Crookshank as "massive upgrades" that will provide a "huge difference" during games.

I think the bottom 6 this year will be a lot better than previous years. Whenever we had our bottom 6 out there for the past 2 years the ice was tilted against us.

Gregor is a better player than both Kelly and Kastelic. He will be able to create opportunities from the 4th line and create momentum, he has a ton of speed and that'll make us harder to play against. He's could put up 25-30 points if he plays a full season. Keep in mind he had 70% Dzone starts last year, he was heavily relied on to defend.

Cousins plays the way he plays, he gets under the opposing team's skin and he's a good 4th line player. People don't like the antics but he's a good 4th liner. He had 27 points just the year prior.

I like Kelly but I have no doubt this 4th line will be much better than last year. Two players who play a more consistent game while chipping in offensively. If MacEwen plays or Ostapchuk/Crookshank, they will be better regardless.

We will see all 3 of these players this season there's no doubt. MacEwen will not play all games this year. The guy was sent down last year, they won't be scared to send him down if someone else makes the team or if he doesn't play well. He spent some time in the AHL in the last 2 seasons.

Hockey is a game of momentum swings. It doesn't take much. A good 4th line shift, a good PK, a scoring chance make a difference in the game. Having depth up front will be massive for this team. Less pressure on the skilled guys, and gives the coach more confidence in using his 4 lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He didn't improve under JM, are you saying he was also a bad coach?
JM was an old retired coach filling in until a new head coach and coaching staff was hired. He was not 100% engaged. We shall see if Green is the type of coach we need; his past record does not indicate he will be any better than the last coach we had.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Not seeing much more than a .500 P%, and that is perhaps a little optimistic… for the first 2 Months of the season.

1726591518641.png

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Id be pretty disappointed if Pinto is on the third line personally. Think Perron is not nearly as good a player. But we shall see, I think Amadio see's the ice pretty well too.
I will not be disappointed if Pinto is 3C as that should mean that Norris is healthy enough to play 2C. We shall see if Norris is fully healthy and ready to play as a 2C.

Things got pretty heated last year but now that Mathieu "The Laval Monster" Joseph is gone things may cool down a bit.
The "hothead" on the Redwings is now on the Senators. The "heat" may not have been turned down.

• Wow
Reactions: Senscore and DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Watch Staios go acquire BLemieux cuz he has a certain bite to his game.
For sure! So far this year we have acquired super likeable guys (especially for Sens fans) such as Travis Green, David Perron and Nick Cousins. Next we'll probably welcome Kadri, Max Domi, and for the coaching staff Green's friends Tucker and Corson. We could also probably use a backup goalie in Aaron Dell.

My fandom is through the roof! Much excite!

• Haha
Reactions: bicboi64

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Speaking of that... Is Artem Zub going to be fine with what Perron did to him? Can't afford locker room divides and I hope they investigated that aspect before signing him.

Hockey players manage these things internally and Perron is a well liked guy in the locker room by all accounts.

These situations happen all the time. Think Phaneuf becoming best buds with Karlsson and others on the team.

Wouldn't make much of it. If anything players that have guys like Perron and Cousins love having them - just not playing against them.

Reactions: LiseL

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Hockey players manage these things internally and Perron is a well liked guy in the locker room by all accounts.

These situations happen all the time. Think Phaneuf becoming best buds with Karlsson and others on the team.

Wouldn't make much of it. If anything players that have guys like Perron and Cousins love having them - just not playing against them.

I also see Zub as a very mature guy and Perron is a long time vet so he probably apologized to him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I will not be disappointed if Pinto is 3C as that should mean that Norris is healthy enough to play 2C. We shall see if Norris is fully healthy and ready to play as a 2C.

The "hothead" on the Redwings is now on the Senators. The "heat" may not have been turned down.
I just don't think Norris is as good a player.

Speaking of that... Is Artem Zub going to be fine with what Perron did to him? Can't afford locker room divides and I hope they investigated that aspect before signing him.
Is this serious?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's a legitimate issue (signing Perron who viciously attacked Zub). From what I have read Brady is a friend of Perron.
Its really not players fight and hate each other all the time only to be best friends when they are on the same team. Its already been squashed I guarantee it. I am kinda shocked people think this could be a thing.....

I like Pinto’s upside more than Norris but that’s only because I think Pinto can play a role like Ryan O’Reilly if everything comes together.
Exactly... Which is why he is a better center and better matchup player in the teams top 6.

Reactions: Masked

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Is this serious?

You've been in locker rooms, no? Then, you don't need an answer

It's like thinking that Morgan Rielly and Ridly Greig hang out together outside of the rink :laugh:

I have seen "bad blood" between teammates last for years, even in a much lesser competitive environment. There's still 2 guys in my friendly fathers no hitting league that we have to watch to be sure they don't fight again in the locker room after the game, before we all go to our kids activities

But let me guess, you're also an expert in psychology and I should have taken more classes in College?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad