Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm of the opinion that Turris is just going to keep getting better & while he is not a 1st line centre on this team because of Spezza, IMO he does have 1st line potential. The other forward I think will have a good yr is Silfverberg, I see him as the long term replacement for Alfredsson & could be even better hopefully. On defence, I think Wiercioch will have a solid season this yr & will get himself a one way contract for next season.

In goal, I think Bishop will be traded at some point most likely closer to the trade deadline, whenever that is. I hope by then his value will have gone up & some teams will be in much need of goaltending help which hopefully will get us another top 4 defenceman or 2nd rd pick.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
Better than Alfredsson?

Do people even realize what they're actually saying?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Of course it's ''fine''. But it's not first line offensive player fine.

Puck handling, vision and skating. Something's gotta give here... needs an improvement that I don't see coming for him to hit 70.

He can skate, but he doesn't blow past people. He can handle the puck but dirty dangles aren't really there. His vision is OK but he's a sniper and his playmaking instincts aren't elite. Only his shot is 1st line caliber.

dany heatley doesnt have elite skating or puck handling. joe thornton doesnt have elite skating, and he doesn't really do dirty dangles either... ur standards are so weird u don't need all 3 to be a 1st liner

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So saying that Silfverberg could be better than Alfredsson is out of the realm of possibility?

Everything is possible but... better than Alfredsson is a lot of expectations. Alfie deserves to be a HHOF IMO, so let's calm down with Silfverberg... Let's hope for a slightly less productive Eriksson to begin with

WhiteLight*

60 point wingers aren't that hard to come by. It's also worth noting that Alfredsson and Turris had good chemistry which helped both of their totals.

Yes they are hard to find

60 point wingers aren't common, which is why it's surprising to see so many people projecting more than that for Silf.

Interesting. Turris was on pace to hit 50 points as a Sen despite missing training camp, and not playing the whole year with his teammates. On top of this he was 21 years old and playing in a completely new system. You think that he will never play better than he did last year? Last year was Turris' peak?

Interesting.

He was 22, which is not too far from the offensive peak. He may never have another linemate as good as Alfredsson.

He had a good year last year. I'm saying in the future, his bad/unlucky seasons will be around 50 points.

Turris scores an empty netter to bring himself to 66 points in his last game and just like that MAK acts like he just saw a pig fly. 65 was predictable, but 66...**** is crazy.

And I'm on your side on this tbh, or at least lean that way. But point variance depends on so many factors, scoring a certain amount in one season doesn't say much about you. Unless maybe it was elite and people saw it coming...ahem, Erik karlsson.

lol

sigh

Like I said, I see 50-60. I put it up to 65 for just that, empty netters/luck/ideal linemates and role/whatever. I don't see him getting past 60, but if he does it won't be like I saw a pig fly.

dany heatley doesnt have elite skating or puck handling. joe thornton doesnt have elite skating, and he doesn't really do dirty dangles either... ur standards are so weird u don't need all 3 to be a 1st liner

Joe Thornton has elite size and strength in addition to top 3 passing/vision.

Heatley had top 3 sniping ability. Best one shot scorer in the game and best at elevating the puck. He also had some sick dangles in Atlanta... you're underrating his hands, and also his passing skills. Elite offensive hockey sense.

So saying that Silfverberg could be better than Alfredsson is out of the realm of possibility?

yes

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Could you guys give me some info on Lehner? I have him in a keeper league and I'm trying to shake out my prospect pool.

How far out do you guys think he is from making the NHL?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Could you guys give me some info on Lehner? I have him in a keeper league and I'm trying to shake out my prospect pool.

Should be back-up next year getting a bunch of games. He has nothing left to prove in the AHL. Absolutely dominated it.

I expect him to even get some games in this year and if Bishop is moved he may play 6-10 games.

If all goes well, should be getting 25-30ish games as 1B goalie and possible number 1 year after.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
What would Silfverberg's nickname be(for like chants)? Silfver? Silfie? Silf?

Sensnation55

Nov 21, 2009
Silfver would probably be the best one. And if opposing teams nag us with (2nd place silver) he'll never win anything, we can just tell them what color the stanley cup is lol.

Berserker*

Who could be better than God?

Maybe something that actually exists

tumblr_lyuhm9aeqa1qeqd52o1_500.gif

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa

He sees games every year but this year could be the year he gets more but until Anderson goes down/contract over Lehner has to wait and continue training. I would imagine next year is the target date.

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Silfverberg is a legend in my home city. Can't see you guys do the same though, considering your different culture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Misjr8AUTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YK_uavgaxE

http://youtu.be/bpSVZirjT1w

Yeah i understand your feelings towards Silf the only thing holding us back is that we havent gone through a championship run led by Silf. Also we already had one Swedish sensation as a winger so its hard for us to say "oh he will be better" because we have all grown up watching this guy play.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I guess saying that a guy that has outperformed Alfredsson in every way up to this age could possibly become as good as or better than him is out of the realm of possibility.

I won't give up hope though.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
I guess saying that a guy that has outperformed Alfredsson in every way up to this age could possibly become as good as or better than him is out of the realm of possibility.

I won't give up hope though.

There are thousands of players who outperforms Alfie up until age of 21, though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad