Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Just noticed that Puempel is still leading his team in points (28) by 2 and goals by 10 (21) despite having played anywhere from 3 to 15 games less than other players on the team.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Ceci back to Junior. Best situation for him. Going on a deep winning streak in OSound; then Binghamtom to end it up. Sets him up for a good camp in 9 months. A lot of development can happen in nine months

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
OT but Cody Ceci will wear #5 with Ottawa when he makes the team. It says so in his locker room stall (saw last night)

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Ceci back to Junior. Best situation for him. Going on a deep winning streak in OSound; then Binghamtom to end it up. Sets him up for a good camp in 9 months. A lot of development can happen in nine months

NVM, read that wrong.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Based on current prospects we have,

At the draft lets say there are 2 equal prospects.
BPA does not factor in because of this.
One is a forward, one is a defender.

Which do you take?

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
At the moment probably a defenseman. There are so many different forward prospects in the system and only a few(perhaps one) high end defensive prospects.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Based on current prospects we have,

At the draft lets say there are 2 equal prospects.
BPA does not factor in because of this.
One is a forward, one is a defender.

Which do you take?

The forward in the hopes he can replace Spezza down the line. We don't have anyone with the potential to do that.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
At this point we need promising young forwards more than we need defensemen.

Karlsson is a 21 year old Norris winner
Cowen is on his way to being a beastly top pairing shutdown defenseman
Ceci and Wiercioch look like they are on their way to becoming top 4 defensemen
Borowiecki, Gryba and Claesson have the potential to be solid bottom pairing contributers on the defensive side
Methot isn't too old not to be considered in our long-term plans
Then there are guys like Wikstrand, Sdao, Aneloski who have potential, but are years away from seeing NHL ice

By no means am I saying all these guys will pan out, but in terms of young defensemen we have plenty. All the D is missing is a veteran top 4 shutdown defenseman once Phillips retires. I think defense is our strong point looking forward. I am much more worried about the forwards.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
At this point we need promising young forwards more than we need defensemen.

Karlsson is a 21 year old Norris winner
Cowen is on his way to being a beastly top pairing shutdown defenseman
Ceci and Wiercioch look like they are on their way to becoming top 4 defensemen
Borowiecki, Gryba and Claesson have the potential to be solid bottom pairing contributers on the defensive side
Methot isn't too old not to be considered in our long-term plans
Then there are guys like Wikstrand, Sdao, Aneloski who have potential, but are years away from seeing NHL ice

By no means am I saying all these guys will pan out, but in terms of young defensemen we have plenty. All the D is missing is a veteran top 4 shutdown defenseman once Phillips retires. I think defense is our strong point looking forward. I am much more worried about the forwards.

Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Turris, Puempel, Noeson, Stone, Prince, Pageau, Da Costa, Petersson, and I'm sure there are more. That is 10 top 6 prospects right there. Now that I think about it, we should just take bpa this draft.

source

Jul 13, 2008
Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Turris, Puempel, Noeson, Stone, Prince, Pageau, Da Costa, Petersson, and I'm sure there are more. That is 10 top 6 prospects right there. Now that I think about it, we should just take bpa this draft.

They are a tier below Karlsson and Cowen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad