Confirmed with Link: Senators Announce Training Camp Roster

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Surprised they picked Ostapchuk over Jenik. Seems like they had their minds up at the beginning of camp and it would have taken a huge camp by Jenik to overtake him.
Maybe the announcers also had an inkling about the front office's decision-making? Yesterday during the game when Jamie was asked which players was a pleasant surprise to him in the pre-season, he went with Ostapchuk, instead of, say, Yakemchuk or Jenik. I was surprised by his surprise!

Reactions: gab6511 and BigRig4

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
It would be very nice to upgrade from Forsberg, who looks totally cooked.

Personally, I'd have sent Ostapchuk and MacEwen down, and kept Jenik and Gaudette. Ostapchuk is going to be a part of the team eventually this year, but he looked out of control too often this preseason, as if he was trying to do too much. Hopefully he settles in now that he's on the team. A month in the AHL wouldn't have been the worst thing for him.

MacEwen over Jenik is just dumb. Sure, Jenik probably clears, but why take the risk?
It’s not dumb

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
How did ostapchuk beat out Jenik? He wasn’t super noticeable in these pre season games
(Edit sorry was talking about Macewen here. Read it wrong I guess)
Was to me. Was very good forechecking and made some nice plays setting guys up. Was really hustling right till shift end back checking the way we need to see some other guys do. And dropped the gloves, hung in there with his head covered.
As a 4th liner couldn’t ask for much more in preseason.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't mind it. I see what they're going for with size, skating and fighting attributes for the 4th line. It is Ostapchuk's position to lose long term and camp is for show and shaking the rust mostly anyways. It'll be good to have two different purpose forward call ups at the ready that they can be reasonably confident in.

If they can avoid a rash of injuries they have roles filled well imo.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Was to me. Was very good forechecking and made some nice plays setting guys up. Was really hustling right till shift end back checking the way we need to see some other guys do. And dropped the gloves, hung in there with his head covered.
Jenik dropped the gloves this preseason, not Ostapchuk... Post you're replying to said Ostapchuk was noticeable... Are you confused?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Jenik should have made the team at minimum the 13th F over MacEwen. I like Ostpachuk but he could use time in Belleville playing top 6 minutes .

But as usual it seems it’s lip service by coaches and GM’s regarding “best players will make the team”

Reactions: robsenz and senswon

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Jenik should have made the team at minimum the 13th F over MacEwen. I like Ostpachuk but he could use time in Belleville playing top 6 minutes .

But as usual it seems it’s lip service by coaches and GM’s regarding “best players will make the team”
I’m not arguing but Ostapchuk is going to play PK.

Reactions: DJB

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Jenik dropped the gloves this preseason, not Ostapchuk... Post you're replying to said Ostapchuk was noticeable... Are you confused?
Oh I was talking about Macewen.

I thought all 4 guys jenik gaudette macewen and ostapchuk were good. Just different styles and sizes. Ostapchuk looked better as the games went on and Macewen had a good finish.
I thought Ostapchuk should go back to Belleville for most of the season but looks like he can keep up and is the strongest of all of them.
The decision might have more to do with waiver eligibility but I like it either way.
Mac and Ostapchuk would be my choices even though I like the other two for different reasons.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
(Edit sorry was talking about Macewen here. Read it wrong I guess)
100% agree. He was quite effective

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad