Perron Norris Batherson
Greig Pinto Amadio
Gregor Ostapchuk Cousins
MacEwen

Sanderson Zub
Chabot Jensen
Kleven Hamonic
JBD/Yakemchuk

I thought Jenik showed enough for the 4C role but I am not disappointed. Gaudette adds scoring depth but his speed and d is lacking.

Any official word on what they are doing with Yakemchuk? I guess we find out tomorrow if we don't hear anything

I like the lineup... Some good adds over the summer .. more compete .

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tkachuk Stutzle Giroux
Perron Norris Batherson
Greig Pinto Amadio
Gregor Ostapchuk Cousins
MacEwen

Sanderson Zub
Chabot Jensen
Kleven Hamonic
JBD/Yakemchuk

I thought Jenik showed enough for the 4C role but I am not disappointed. Gaudette adds scoring depth but his speed and d is lacking.

Any official word on what they are doing with Yakemchuk? I guess we find out tomorrow if we don't hear anything

I like the lineup... Some good adds over the summer .. more compete .
I really don't like that 2nd line. I don't think they'll have the puck much. Greig at center over Norris for me.

Reactions: Blotto71

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Jenik had an opportunity on several shifts in a couple of games to come to the aid of teammates & he did not, he seems like another pest who lacks hockey IQ & never really played the role they needed as 4th line C & tough guy. Gaudette is an NHL player whose knock has always been on the defensive side, while he can score at the AHL level but he seems to have problems transitioning to the faster, bigger, tougher play in the NHL. Both Cousins & MacEwan have been NHL players for some time & both understand their roles & are decent defensively. I wish MacEwan was a better fighter, but other than that he has good speed & plays an acceptable aggressive role.

Ottawa doesn't really need another scoring RWer with Giroux, Batherson, Perron & Amadio which is why I'm not surprised they didn't keep Gaudette RW. Ostapchuk has the size & toughness to play 4th line centre & he is smart enough to play that role effectively. He is also good enough that as he gains more strength & experience with his skillset can move up in the lineup. While I think Yak has played very well & deserves some NHL games my guess is that he is returned to junior at some point which I think will be great for his development. Next season he may not see any games in Belleville & go directly to the NHL, if he has another preseason like this one.
I think its more a case of they wanting a more defensive type of player on the 4th line. It's not like everything that happens in the NHL has to revolve around "big & tough”.

Maybe Gaudette clears waivers and plays in Belleville? If a forward is injured and they want to bring up a player that can contribute offense, then maybe there’s a fit there - who knows?

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Can we send forsberg down and claim bussi from Boston as was mentioned? Or do we need to ... trade forsberg to be rid of him?
Gonna be a wierd next couple days.

Really felt jenik looked better than ostapchuk... and gaudette seems more like a sub for the top 9

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Not sure what Ostapchuk did to make the team.

Yeah he's the heir apparent to that 4th line C spot but he could use some more seasoning in Belleville.

Jenik was definitely the better of the two. Not shocking considering he's 3 years older. Disappointing to see him waived when he fully deserved to make the team over Ostapchuk and MacEwen (thanks Dorion).

Reactions: BigRig4

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Not sure what Ostapchuk did to make the team.

Yeah he's the heir apparent to that 4th line C spot but he could use some more seasoning in Belleville.

Jenik was definitely the better of the two. Not shocking considering he's 3 years older. Disappointing to see him waived when he fully deserved to make the team over Ostapchuk and MacEwen (thanks Dorion).
Completely agreed. I think Ostapchuk is going to be a valuable player for us but he really didn’t stand out to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad