Confirmed with Link: Senators Announce Training Camp Roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Guys, what are the chances that Giroux stick with Tkachuk and Stutzlë all year?

Impossible to say, Green hasn't coached a single regular season game with Ottawa

Personally, I'd go

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
Greig - Norris - Giroux
Perron - Pinto - Amadio
Cousins - Jenik- Gaudette
Gregor

I dunno, Stutzle hasn’t been impressive as an NHL center, try this:

I don't think he played a single shift on the wing during his 90 pts season as a 20 y/o

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This is the most idiotic thing I've seen on these boards in the past 24 hours and I've read the Xhekaj thread on the main board.

I’ve been waiting for a year or longer to see him be the best player on the ice and it’s not happening, just don’t see him being impact game to game, has his moments for sure, but 5 on 5 he’s not impressive as a #1 center, it’d like to see him Play LW and just focus on scoring instead of focusing on being the perfect center

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He started on the wing that season putting up rather mediocre numbers for him. He was moved to center after there was no one else to fill in for injuries and his numbers exploded.

If I'm not mistaken, he started playing center on November 24th 2021, so the season prior. He only fully played wing during his rookie season

The guy I'm waiting to see more from is Shane Pinto.

So far he's been pretty invisible for the most part.

Overall, our established players haven't been great but it's pre-season. Very anxious/excited to see them when it starts for real

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Overall I kind of agree with you. He can step it up. I have seen some good defensive play and positioning. Without looking at the numbers I think he has been pretty good on draws as well. He did make the nice pass to Greig for his goal last night. I think he can make better contact on the forecheck and he can win more board battles in the ozone. I think we see him notch it up when the real games start. He will likely be in a 3C role if they don't move Norris to the wing.

The compete level is not the same in preseason. Hopefully this team can flip a switch but how many games have they played as a team where we can say it was a solid 60 minute effort

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think you could say that about a good chunk of our club, aside from Sanderson, Jenik, Yak, Greig and Ullmark. Might as well chalk it up to pre-season until we can no longer use that as an excuse.

I'd say Stutzle has been pretty noticeable out there. Norris looked good in the second half of the last game. Gaudette maybe?

We didn't exactly play very well against Montreal, Pittsburgh or Buffalo after two solid performances against Toronto so it's not surprising that few guys have stood out.

Pinto had been given some top tier icetime in some games so I was curious to see whether he would step up.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I'd say Stutzle has been pretty noticeable out there. Norris looked good in the second half of the last game. Gaudette maybe?

We didn't exactly play very well against Montreal, Pittsburgh or Buffalo after two solid performances against Toronto so it's not surprising that few guys have stood out.

Pinto had been given some top tier icetime in some games so I was curious to see whether he would step up.
Tim looks noticeably faster/stronger, but is still turning the puck over alot by trying to do too much.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
For me, Alfredsson was the best in Sens' history at gaining the zone. He'd do it in the most efficient, least risky way possible. At a medium tempo, using angles and very subtle deception.... I wish Tim would watch those tapes.

Alfie was surprisingly tough to knock off the puck using those big shoulders of his to shield it.

Then he’d do his quick turn back along the boards and the zone was ours.

Karlsson at his peak was pretty good at it too but that was mainly jumping up with his insane pre-Cooke acceleration. ;)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Overall I kind of agree with you. He can step it up. I have seen some good defensive play and positioning. Without looking at the numbers I think he has been pretty good on draws as well. He did make the nice pass to Greig for his goal last night. I think he can make better contact on the forecheck and he can win more board battles in the ozone. I think we see him notch it up when the real games start. He will likely be in a 3C role if they don't move Norris to the wing.

The compete level is not the same in preseason. Hopefully this team can flip a switch but how many games have they played as a team where we can say it was a solid 60 minute effort
I hope the sleepers on this team flip a switch soon as doing it in January after playing like shit for 3 months ain't gonna cut it. If they continue this sleep-walking I want to see the new coach raise hell with them. No more Molly Coddling like DJ did.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

I’m probably the only Sens fan who wasn’t that happy with Pintos game last year. After a quick start points wise, he really tailed off and was not much of a presence.
I think he needs more edge in his game. He doesn’t have high end puck handling or playmaking skills. I also suggested last year that if we have a logjam at Center I’d rather see Pinto move to the wing than Greig.

We’ll see if he’s just taking it easy in preseason or has just generally become too comfortable with a role as a third liner.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’m probably the only Sens fan who wasn’t that happy with Pintos game last year. After a quick start points wise, he really tailed off and was not much of a presence.
I think he needs more edge in his game. He doesn’t have high end puck handling or playmaking skills. I also suggested last year that if we have a logjam at Center I’d rather see Pinto move to the wing than Greig.

We’ll see if he’s just taking it easy in preseason or has just generally become too comfortable with a role as a third liner.

I don't think we match up all that well top-six wise within the division. We can hold our own, maybe, at best, but the likes of Toronto, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Florida, etc. are right with us.

It's the third line with guys like Pinto and Greig where I think we have the potential to steal some ground.

Having Havlat on the 3rd line was a luxury that paid off when they were seeing bottom pairing defencemen or 4th line opposition.

Reactions: DrEasy

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I don't think we match up all that well top-six wise within the division. We can hold our own, maybe, at best, but the likes of Toronto, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Florida, etc. are right with us.

It's the third line with guys like Pinto and Greig where I think we have the potential to steal some ground.

Having Havlat on the 3rd line was a luxury that paid off when they were seeing bottom pairing defencemen or 4th line opposition.
Yeah, I don’t even like the “top 6” distinction any more. The good teams have top 9 and get offence out of that 3rd line.

I’m a big fan of Greig and believe he’ll produce offence wherever they play him; not yet believing that with Pinto.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yeah not his best showing by any means. He typically had really great training camps his other seasons.

Id like to see him play with Tkachuk as he has been quiet too. I think they compliment one another well.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Id like to see him play with Tkachuk as he has been quiet too. I think they compliment one another well.

Tkachuk may not be seriously hurt but I think he's been banged up for a couple of games now.

After seeing him working the shoulder in the Pittsburgh game, you have to wonder what management is thinking considering how Norris was kept out for precautionary reasons for weeks on end.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tkachuk may not be seriously hurt but I think he's been banged up for a couple of games now.

After seeing him working the shoulder in the Pittsburgh game, you have to wonder what management is thinking considering how Norris was kept out for precautionary reasons for weeks on end.
Yeah I mean Brady doesnt need to play anymore this pre season. I just loved the Tkachuk Pinto Batherson line last year to end the season. Found they really dominated play and zone time. All are such big guys and cover alot of the ice. Each had a role too. I was hoping we would see it in pre season but havent seen it yet.

I have liked Amadio's skill I really think the way he plays could compliment Stutzle another combo I hope we get to see. But if Tim is also hurt we dont see that either.

Reactions: aragorn

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yeah I mean Brady doesnt need to play anymore this pre season. I just loved the Tkachuk Pinto Batherson line last year to end the season. Found they really dominated play and zone time. All are such big guys and cover alot of the ice. Each had a role too. I was hoping we would see it in pre season but havent seen it yet.

With a new coach, I'm sure there will be a bit of a line blender.

It can be tough on the players but I'm sure he'll want to see some different looks.

The pressure to start the season off well given past years is an interesting wrinkle.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Interesting.

A Calgary writer comes here, after our writer (Haley Salvian) went to Calgary.

Of course, Haley voted for Eric Duhatschek's player instead of Daniel Alfredsson (the player she had nominated) in their mock media HHoF voting process, and then ended up being hired by him.

In the end, I did not vote for my own candidate, and was only one of three members to do that. In our deliberations, I could tell Alfredsson wasn’t going to be one of our five top-four selections. And with 13 valid male nominees, I chose to use my vote on Vernon. Committee member Eric Duhatschek’s pitch swayed me to vote in the netminder.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
What a pleasant surprise Yak Attack has been. That shot is lethal and he's being very "polite" by not shooting too much and passing to his teammates. Classic rookie move.

Jensen's contract aligns perfectly with when we should be hoping Yak makes this team, and if anything he might make the team next year based off what we've seen so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad