Confirmed with Link: Senators Announce Training Camp Roster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Marco Scandella is also available and hasn't signed a contract or PTO.

Maybe the only quality d men available are holding off on signing any PTO's and waiting for the right contract opportunity to be offered to them.
I was always opposed to it, but I would see if DeAngelo would come here.

He may not be interested in Canada at all, but he would be a major boost in speed and production for our right side.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I was always opposed to it, but I would see if DeAngelo would come here.

He may not be interested in Canada at all, but he would be a major boost in speed and production for our right side.
The Sens will get a good look at what they have for the next few days and if they think they need an improvement then maybe they will give DeAngelo a look.

Also they don't have much cap space but if someone ends up on IR maybe they feel they have enough cap space to give him a contract.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Sens will get a good look at what they have for the next few days and if they think they need an improvement then maybe they will give DeAngelo a look.

Also they don't have much cap space but if someone ends up on IR maybe they feel they have enough cap space to give him a contract.
They had a choice they chose Addison.....

Reactions: TallyHo

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023

Marco Scandella is also available and hasn't signed a contract or PTO.

Maybe the only quality d men available are holding off on signing any PTO's and waiting for the right contract opportunity to be offered to them.
if the issue is their salary expectations and wanting to play for a contender, those teams don't have a lot of cap room. If they're either willing to accept low pay or go to a non-playoff team, then their options will open up. It's sad that we're up against the cap and currently considered a non-playoff team so we can't even play ball.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Kleven is listed under both group 1 and 2. Wonder which group he's actually a part of.
I am guessing he will be in group 2... would make the groups both 22 guys.

Makes me think that Guenette and to a lesser extent Matinpalo are expected to push for a roster spot. Here is my lazy way of explaining why.

Group 1 roster locks:
Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
Greig - Perron
Cousins
------------
Sanderson - Jensen
Hamonic (NMC)
------------
Ullmark

Group 1 "try-outs":
Ostapchuk - Halliday
Pilon - Highmore - Boucher
Hodgson
------------
JBD
Roos - Addison
Davies
Eliasson
------------
Merilainen

Group 2 roster locks:
Pinto - Batherson
Norris - Amadio
Gregor
-----------------
Chabot - Zub
------------
Forsberg

Group 2 "try-outs":
Crookshank - Gaudette - MacEwen
Kulemin - Jenik - Bourgault
Reinhardt
------------
Guenette / Matinpalo
Donovan - Yakemchuk
Sebrango
------------
Sogaard

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I could see us swapping JBD for Kaliyev if they both get cut. It makes sense for both teams to try and avoid paying 1-way money to a player who won't make their roster. I know Kaliyev is not really a fit for what we have going, but his HockeyDB label says Bulldogs on it. It's the same reason we hired John Gruden.

Travis Green didn’t look happy to be back and we needed a coach like that.

Apparently someone showed him the Hfboards thread from when he was hired.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Yeah closer we get to the season the lower my inhibitions get. Just get Deangelo on that third pair.

And share Kirk and Shultz must have rejected us. I can’t imagine we chose Addison over those two willingly

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Pretty tired of pundits writing us off as a 7th or 6th place team and citing last year's lineup and stats. Discounting a vezina goalie and the leadership and grit brought with our cup winning vets, continuing to bring up brady leaving... bloody infuriating
Zero respect.
Bring on training camp and this season... eager to prove them all wrong
Fookin hyped to get going cause I can't listen to youtubr hogwash anymore

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Gonna need to win a cup to earn forgiveness for the early 2000s

It is nice to have coach who was a rat saying he wants his team to play like rats.

If Travis Green fulfills his promise we could be in for a Jacques Martin style run. Could be the start of the 2nd great era in Sens hockey

Reactions: Senscore

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Pretty tired of pundits writing us off as a 7th or 6th place team and citing last year's lineup and stats. Discounting a vezina goalie and the leadership and grit brought with our cup winning vets, continuing to bring up brady leaving... bloody infuriating
Zero respect.
Also discounting Pinto being gone for half the season.

I think people don't realize just how many points were lost because of terrible goaltending. Sure, our D isn't world-class, but we lost so many games because of weak floaters or incredibly poor reads.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Zero respect.

As the Bobfather says “they are going to talk about nothing until nothing’s enough”

Reactions: BigRig4

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Zero respect.
The Senators have always performed better as the underdogs. There's only one way to shut these guys up.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Zero respect.

Ray Ferraro on TSN1050 yesterday predicted that we make the playoffs and do well.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
They had a choice they chose Addison.....
The Senators spent their budget and cap dollars on forwards; not much left for a D.

Yeah closer we get to the season the lower my inhibitions get. Just get Deangelo on that third pair.

And share Kirk and Shultz must have rejected us. I can’t imagine we chose Addison over those two willingly
Addison is just a PTO; no dollars have been spent. He could be replaced in a nano-second.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad