2024 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Sigh... Not enough playmaking ability on this line IMO.

:(

If Boone is going to play wing, I'd like to see him tightly tied to Fantilli. Adam was not good defensively last year, so I think having a very responsible wing like Boone would only be a good thing. For both on ice results and learning purposes.
Not to mention faceoffs. Monahan is good at those. Fantilli isn't. Why not move Jenner to be Fantilli's personal FO machine, like Landeskog used to be for MacKinnon.

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Here are the lines I posted in the offseason thread prior to knowing the Danforth injury news

KJ-Monahan-Marchenko
Jenner-Fantilli-Brindley
Voronkov-Sillinger-Chinakhov
Malatesta-Kuraly-Olivier
Gambrell

IR: danforth

D same as above.
Looks like we had the same “ideas” with line combinations, almost 100% match 😃

This is what i did pre JVR signing

Attachments

• IMG_6762.jpeg
    IMG_6762.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 1

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
That Chinakhov-Sillinger-Johnson line may break a record for fastest a line has been benched.
I cannot understand 3 years in and they can't support KJ with one/two solid vets to develop him properly as an NHLer. You would think a vet coach would know better.

KJ Monahan Marchenko

Or

KJ Jenner Chinakhov

Reactions: majormajor

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I don't know if JvR is an ideal partner for Fantilli. He is too slow. Maybe put him to Sillinger and Chinakhov if Evason wants to have the Jenner - Monahan - Marchenko line. Btw I think it can be very good combination.

Jenner - Monahan - Marchenko
Voronkov - Fantilli - Johnson
JvR - Sillinger - Chinakhov
Danforth - Kuraly - Olivier

As although I would like to see Chinakhov - Sillinger - Brindley line. Yegor said he likes to play with Cole,have excellent chemistry and Gavin might fit to them.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not to mention faceoffs. Monahan is good at those. Fantilli isn't. Why not move Jenner to be Fantilli's personal FO machine, like Landeskog used to be for MacKinnon.

Fun fact: Landeskog also did the D zone center work for Mackinnon, he basically was the actual center. The only variant was that Mackinnon would curl into the middle from the point on the breakout. Somewhat similarly, Erik Haula started out as the actual center for Jack Hughes, even though Hughes was listed as the center.

If they do something similar with Jenner and Fantilli where Jenner is the actual center but the haters think he is the winger, then that would make everyone happy.

Reactions: squashmaple

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I cannot understand 3 years in and they can't support KJ with one/two solid vets to develop him properly as an NHLer. You would think a vet coach would know better.

KJ Monahan Marchenko

Or

KJ Jenner Chinakhov

I have the same issue with Chinakhov's deployment, he could lead the team in goals and score 35 in the right situation, but it will be closer to half that if he's with Cole Sillinger. We're putting KJ and Chinakhov, two highly skilled scoring forwards, with an unskilled checking forward who is one of the worst passers in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad