Speculation: Sen’s talking to the Jets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Heinola ain't on the Jets so if the sens were in Winnipeg scouting the Jets, heinola wouldn't be a guy of interest since he plays for the ahl team

Pionk Schmidt Demelo all right D tho.
Moose were on a 6 game homestand, OP doesn't say that the Sens management were in Winnipeg scouting the Jets. Just that they were in Winnipeg and looking for a d-man, one of which is fact, one speculation.

Pionk and Schmidt are playing good hockey, and De Melo is the defensive leader, none of those guys are available for trade as long as the team is winning, you'd think.

Reactions: hn777

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Moose were on a 6 game homestand, OP doesn't say that the Sens management were in Winnipeg scouting the Jets. Just that they were in Winnipeg and looking for a d-man, one of which is fact, one speculation.

Pionk and Schmidt are playing good hockey, and De Melo is the defensive leader, none of those guys are available for trade as long as the team is winning, you'd think.

Pionk and Schmidt are the same thing and demelo has 1 goal in his Jets career. For a team who wants more D scoring I think Demelo is definitely available

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Pionk and Schmidt are the same thing and demelo has 1 goal in his Jets career. For a team who wants more D scoring I think Demelo is definitely available
De Melo's not here to score goals, he's here to lead PK1. And PK is a big reason why the Jets are where they are in the standings. Pionk and Morrissey have been pretty good of late, definitely Pionk is the reason why Morrissey is putting up more points. Dillon-Schmidt have been a solid 2nd pairing all season. Jets have to be very happy with their defense right now. To take a player like De Melo out of the lineup you have to put another guy like him in it, and the only guy the Sens have like him is Hamonic right now, with Zub injured, and the Jets could have had Hamonic for nothing and didn't even try to sign him, so I think that's a dead end.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Dorion was in WPG when the Habs played WPG but he's actually been following the Habs for a while. Nothing to see here between Sens and WPG.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Heinola ain't on the Jets so if the sens were in Winnipeg scouting the Jets, heinola wouldn't be a guy of interest since he plays for the ahl team

The AHL team also plays in Winnipeg. Just as easy to scout the Moose. Same building.

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Lolwut

This post doesn’t make any sense.

Pionk ain’t worth near DeBrincat.
Also, Ottawa just paid a hefty price to trade for him. Why would they have done that if they didn’t want him as part of their core.
Your offer is as likely to happen as Tim Chevaldae reaching the HHOF

DeBrincat is a pending UFA.
Ottawa traded a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for him.

If Pionk were shopped on the open market right now, I'd expect him to return a 1st plus a small piece (ie a 3rd roundish pick). He's 27, he's a #2/3 RH shot RD, he plays passable defensive hockey and is above average offensively.

So saying DeBrincat is worth Pionk (a 1st + 3rd) plus a small piece (2nd/3rd) isn't that far fetched.

It is - as I stated - likely undervaluing DeBrincat, but there's probably 10+ middle 6 wingers that could be available on the trade market right now and I bet there's less than 3 top 4 RHDs.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
DeBrincat is a pending UFA.
Ottawa traded a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for him.

If Pionk were shopped on the open market right now, I'd expect him to return a 1st plus a small piece (ie a 3rd roundish pick). He's 27, he's a #2/3 RH shot RD, he plays passable defensive hockey and is above average offensively.

So saying DeBrincat is worth Pionk (a 1st + 3rd) plus a small piece (2nd/3rd) isn't that far fetched.

It is - as I stated - likely undervaluing DeBrincat, but there's probably 10+ middle 6 wingers that could be available on the trade market right now and I bet there's less than 3 top 4 RHDs.

What does the availability of middle six wingers have to do with DeBrincat?

How many multiple time 40 goal scorers are available?

Suggesting he’s a middle 6 winger is asinine.

Also, he’s a pending RFA not UFA.

Reactions: bert and Altimus

StumpyTown

Sep 26, 2016

It could still be Heinola, if they were looking at anyone at all, as the Moose play in Winnipeg as well.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Dorion was in WPG when the Habs played WPG but he's actually been following the Habs for a while. Nothing to see here between Sens and WPG.

ottawa was scouting the jets a few times last season and wiebe thought there could be a summer trade between the two teams

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

ottawa was scouting the jets a few times last season and wiebe thought there could be a summer trade between the two teams

Bruh, that tweet is from 4 years ago. It was the lead-up to the Mark Stone trade.

You remember that, right? When Sami Niku and Mason Appleton were just way too much to part with?

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Bruh, that tweet is from 4 years ago. It was the lead-up to the Mark Stone trade.

You remember that, right? When Sami Niku and Mason Appleton were just way too much to part with?
oh shit, you are right about that date but ken wiebe was still reporting last season + off season that ottawa was still scouting us and thought there could be a summer time trade between the two of us.

and fyi it wasn't niku plus appleton that was the ask, it was niku and roslovic and pretty sure people also wanted a pick as well... which idc if those 2 players are not good today it was still to much to give up for a rental...

Reactions: Huffer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad