Euro: Semifinals - England v. The Netherlands - July 10

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Even if you think he didn't have the standing to directly reject the offer as it was happening, at the very, very least you can be prepared to send an FYI to the refs union right away saying "Hey, my ref boss gave me $300 and asked me to not make calls against one team"
Correct. You are supposed to instantly call them.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
You can't be prepared for the main referee to be the one fixing games and then have to go against that person with no authority of your own as a rookie.
I get what you're trying to say, but no-one's entitled to officiate Euro semifinals. Zwayer could have gone on to pursue a different hobby and get on with his life. There's a big problem when so many posts in a major match thread are about the ref before the game is even over.

Reactions: gary69 and luiginb

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I get what you're trying to say, but no-one's entitled to officiate Euro semifinals. Zwayer could have gone on to pursue a different hobby and get on with his life. There's a big problem when so many posts in a major match thread are about the ref before the game is even over.
The pretty much sole reason for that are the British tabloids rather than refereeing performance which has been about average.

79f1fae6-cfe4-421d-b629-f886800b8777.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad