Euro: Semifinals - England v. The Netherlands - July 10

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Should he have acted differently when it happened? Sure. But again, it was one of his first games as a linesman and the situation not what you can be prepared for. Got six months for it which is fair, can't really see why it should be lifetime. If you want to be that harsh then by all means.
Uhh, I'm pretty sure "don't take bribes to fix games" is a basic part of all referee training so it seems weird to say he couldn't be prepared for it.

Reactions: KJS14 and luiginb

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I'd like to see England lose in agonizing fashion as much as the next guy, but some of you are making it harder to dislike them by complaining about them actually getting fouled...

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I'd like to see England lose in agonizing fashion as much as the next guy, but some of you are making it harder to dislike them by complaining about them actually getting fouled...
It's hard to notice the fouls when literally any contact seems them all hit the deck immediately.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Was that the first positive thing Walker has done offensively this tournament just for him to be offside?

Reactions: Avs44

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Southgate must have instructed at half-time that they were playing too well and positive football, so must make it more boring.

England are asking to concede the way they are playing. They don't have a counter atacking threat with Kane, but at least Walker and Saka managed to do something.

At least Southgate reacts by taking Kane off.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Definitely offside.

Palmer coming on, and finally Watkins getting some meaningful minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad