GDT: Semifinal - May 25 - Canada vs Czech Republic

member 305909

Even though when these two teams are concerned I usually support the Czechs but I think Canada would suit Finland better as opponents tomorrow. The Czechs are really like a monkey in Finland's back a bit like Finland is to Russia.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Well, as far as I can remember, there was also some booing at the Russian anthem after the CZE-RUS game. Seems odd you didn't mention that. Although I don't know why was @SaltNPeca mentioning Slovak fans in this case.

And to be clear, I am not trying to stir up some offensive discussion here, just an observation. As a matter of fact, I agree that what happened after the SVK-CAN game is a disgrace and to be honest, it pissed me off more than the actual result of the game.

Anyway, good luck, I hope Czechs win the game.

I quit watching shortly after the CZE-RUS game ended, so I wasn't able to hear/see the booing during the anthem. But if that was the case, I would equally criticize it, as I did in my previous post regarding the SVK-CAN game. Then again, I believe every hockey country has its small portion of odd people that can't understand the concept of fairness, so generalizations can be misleading.

Hope we can leave this topic behind us now.

Reactions: Jakk123

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, this match is essentially the finals now. Whoever wins will enjoy their free championship victory against the Finnish Liiga team in the finals.
I can't speak for Canada but Czechs would have a hell of a time against that Finn team!

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I think that if there is one team that can overcome our crazy and crazily fighting team, it's Canada. They have the culture, the background, the calmness. So, viva the Czechs!

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I can't get the image of Stone's eyes lighting up when he sees Moravcik across from him and Gulas behind him.lol

I know what Couturier would look like (not blaming him)

Sean-Couturier-smile-with-missing-teeth.JPG

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, as far as I can remember, there was also some booing at the Russian anthem after the CZE-RUS game. Seems odd you didn't mention that. Although I don't know why was @SaltNPeca mentioning Slovak fans in this case.

And to be clear, I am not trying to stir up some offensive discussion here, just an observation. As a matter of fact, I agree that what happened after the SVK-CAN game is a disgrace and to be honest, it pissed me off more than the actual result of the game.

Anyway, good luck, I hope Czechs win the game.

I think it was a few guys.. definitely not reflective of a nation. I pointed out the London Knights fans tossing a banana at Wayne Simmonds. That all happened in Canada... it's not like I think all Canadian fans are racist and throw bananas.lol

Banana thrown at Flyers' Simmonds during NHL exhibition game in London

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
As a neutral fan, I feel like Czech is going to win this one. Probably the tougher opponent for Finland is Czech too.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So we benched Chytil, brought back Vrana... kept Gulas. He must be one hell of a motivational speaker in that changeroom!

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I love Canada but I also love underdogs and not playing against Canada!

Go Tsekit!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad