GDT: Semifinal - May 25 - Canada vs Czech Republic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
nothing bores me more than seeing team canada go to the finals (however, absolutely deserved) ... but thank god we can all be saved by SUOMI! :popcorn:

Reactions: Barkkonen

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
What a **** show! Czech coaching staff before the game: "We are well prepared, we know what to expect and how to play"... Disgusting game, honestly...
I can't stress enough that Extraliga guys don't beat NHL guys... when we did it in Nagano the Extraliga was still a premier league and a lot of those guys became NHL players after. Czechs have no idea how to play North American guys.. it's proven over and over. Hint: Play North American guys against them!

Reactions: Legend Leinonen

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
No Gulas on powerplay... am I the only one that knows our best chance is Voracek on the low wall?

member 305909

Hopefully tonight the Canadian players go to a night-club and celebrate to the bottom of their hearts.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
As I said in another thread. I didnt see us giving up a good tournament like this... well done AV and Canada, show me some good final tomorrow

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Yes, but Canada played very poorly back then, they're much better now. It'll be tough. And Finland's got a very bad track record vs Canada in the finals.
In retrospect, 2016 was a pretty darn deep team Canada.
McDavid, Marchand, Stone, O’Reilly, Hall, Scheif, Ellis, Reilly,. etc. Was a huge challenge for Finland in the final. I honestly feel we have a much better chance tomorrow than in 2016, despite having a way better roster on paper that year. We could barely get to the net in the 2016 final. Only Granny and Laine really looked hungry.

J1mLahey

Jan 13, 2011
Toronto
What a save by Murray. The score doesnt tell the true story of the game. Hes been real solid made a few real good point blank stops.

Reactions: kudymen

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Agreed.. he made a lot of good stops in close and prevented rebounds. Canada has been better all around but if anything snuck in, this game could've been close. He's destroyed us.
Murray... player of the game... the guy is rock solid, becoming a big fan of his

Reactions: NinjaKick

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
In retrospect, 2016 was a pretty darn deep team Canada.
McDavid, Marchand, Stone, O’Reilly, Hall, Scheif, Ellis, Reilly,. etc. Was a huge challenge for Finland in the final. I honestly feel we have a much better chance tomorrow than in 2016, despite having a way better roster on paper that year. We could barely get to the net in the 2016 final. Only Granny and Laine really looked hungry.

Serious question, who won that game? I don't recall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad