GDT: Semi-recycled GDT | Canes @ Caps 4/11

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
years? really? OR they get their NHL calibre goalie back between the pipes with his 2 best d-men back in front of him and maybe just maybe Seth Jones. hard to pin these injuries on ownership that coughed up the cash to put a player with actual skills on the top line instead of Char.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I'd love to see Brouwer get what he deserves at some point. I'm not enraged either way really, he just has it coming IMO. It would be best from semin itself, but I guess it irks me that no teammate has stepped up and dropped him. Thats where we are soft IMO. It would be worth a ppg against. Teams that win have that. Maybe I'm still in the 90's.

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
So how was Blancharizard's overall game, aside from a fight that didn't go anywhere (from the sounds of it). I chose to waste my time otherwise, as I said.

EDIT: Yes, I will keep calling him that. Come at me.

Blanchahan did fine. In a game with no heroes and 7:13 TOI he managed 4 hits, worked an appropriately-timed fighting attempt in, and gave a respectable, toothless interview.

Last edited:

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I'd love to see Brouwer get what he deserves at some point. I'm not enraged either way really, he just has it coming IMO. It would be best from semin itself, but I guess it irks me that no teammate has stepped up and dropped him. Thats where we are soft IMO. It would be worth a ppg against. Teams that win have that. Maybe I'm still in the 90's.

I agree. Teams don't let their best players get pushed around especially when playing their arse off while hurt. I'm not enraged either. Just disgusted.

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
Personally I don't care about Brouwer. Guy has such an ego that he'd fit in better with the braindead players of the NBA or NFL. He's just extremely lucky that he's playing in one of the worst divisions of all-time and that circumstances unrelated to the Caps actual on ice talent allowed his comments not to look completely like those of a huge assclown.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
years? really? OR they get their NHL calibre goalie back between the pipes with his 2 best d-men back in front of him and maybe just maybe Seth Jones. hard to pin these injuries on ownership that coughed up the cash to put a player with actual skills on the top line instead of Char.

That's all just fine barring future injury and whatever one's expectations are. Winning this Division and maybe putting up a decent performance in the first round, maybe. Beyond that. Yes years. Realistically.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
If Tripp says "hot goalie" again, I will lose it. Hey Tripp, given the insane amount of "hot goalies" the Canes have faced lately, you think it might be the team?

To be fair, the last fan bases I talked to (Lightning, Bruins, Pens, Caps, and Rangers) all said that we outplayed them significantly, and that their goaltenders stole the game. One quote from a Bruins fan, paraphrased, was "I've never seen the goaltender be the best player in a 6-2 win."

Maybe we're getting unlucky? Maybe we make goalies look good with a bunch of easy saves? I think it's a mix.

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
To be fair, the last fan bases I talked to (Lightning, Bruins, Pens, Caps, and Rangers) all said that we outplayed them significantly, and that their goaltenders stole the game. One quote from a Bruins fan, paraphrased, was "I've never seen the goaltender be the best player in a 6-2 win."

Maybe we're getting unlucky? Maybe we make goalies look good with a bunch of easy saves? I think it's a mix.

...In response to your post on the caps gdt.

The canes came in and put up a fight and deserved to win. Thats a good team but missing a few pieces imo.

First... You need more traffic in front of the net. I was really dissapointed in Ruutu. For his rep of physical forward he hardly seemed like it. The caps have been victims of alot of throwing it to the net and the puck finding its way in type goals.Tonight I felt like Holtby saw most of the shots.

I also think at least one maybe two solid two way wingers would help. Once the caps beat the forecheck they seemed to get through the nuetral zone fairly easy. There just didnt seem to be many canes willing to clog it up with the body. Chimera for instance only has speed in his game,several times hes just getting floating passes at full speed. One well timed hit and im willing to bet that play wont happen much more.

Other than that Skinner could be better. For as much as that kid chirps,he could provide more offense. Carolinas top six is deadly on paper. Reality though just your top line produces with any consistency.

The major difference in these two teams are the third and forth lines. There is a reason Washington pays Laich,Ward ect big money to play in the bottom six. I said it earlier in the season that the downfall to the canes is the depth. I stand by that. I think Nash was the only consistent bottom six player ive seen in the five games this year vs the caps.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I didn't watch the game and it was probably discussed when it happened but how bout that hit on Ovi by Wallace? He may suck otherwise but at least he does one thing consistent. Ovi's no small guy either which is why wallace took some of the impact. Either way, good on him. Little victories, little victories. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad