Confirmed with Link: Seider to play at WJC

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yzerman came in 1983 and made the team as an 18 year old. So 70% of the 80's Yzerman was on those teams. (And they weren't the "dead wings" for the entire 80's btw)

They stopped being the Dead Wings really during Yzerman's rookie year and under new ownership. They went to the conference finals in 86. If you want to include 83 and 84 fine, but that is really all you could call the true dead wings period that involved him in my opinion. I really think Yzerman's presence or the Ilitch's buying the team ends that era.

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I always felt like Josi stood out at the youth level despite the depth of the Swiss team back then. Where you could see it, even in the games they weren't going to have enough depth in he impacted his shifts. That is what I expect from Mo. Also at that level dynamic talents have even more impact and I think Seider is in his own age group. Like how he stood out against Dach heads up in Traverse. We will see, I think it is a good challenge.

We will have to see how it comes out, I am not expecting him to carry Germany well, but I expect him to have a good tournament. He is playing well in pro hockey, shift in and shift out he is going to be playing worse opposition by in large than he sees daily and nightly. He should be able to impact the game and in their relegation battle games he should be the best player on the ice.

German hockey is trending up a little, be nice to see them establish themselves at the junior level, hopefully Seider and Stutzle can keep them up and keep some progress going in the program. Having 3 first round picks on your team isn't a small thing. It would be really nice if they had a goalie but we have seen runs out of Slovakia for instance in this tournament without a lot more prominent guys. Curious to see them.

Josi looked like a guy who was going to be a good player but he never stood out to the point of people thinking he was going to be what he is today. At the youth level he was obviously good enough to be picked early second round and to look solid at the WJC but not to be a 60 point captain dman of the best defensive team in the league type deal.

I have a feeling people will see him and probably think hes a huge hitter and that maybe he did deserve to be picked at 6 afterall but I dont think the rest of the hockey world will be as excited as wings fans and people who watch him in GR because this tournament his team is too weak.

Like I said, hope I'm wrong but I just dont see him standing out crazily as a dman in this tournament where there are so many stud dmen

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I think it makes sense to have him benchmarked against other guys of the same age. You know he is going to play ridiculous minutes for team Germany, they are going to rely on him to do a lot of carrying. It will be interesting to see how he handles that.

It's interesting for fans. I don't think it's particularly important.
He's already playing most situations in GR.

Reactions: Realgud

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
They stopped being the Dead Wings really during Yzerman's rookie year and under new ownership. They went to the conference finals in 86. If you want to include 83 and 84 fine, but that is really all you could call the true dead wings period that involved him in my opinion. I really think Yzerman's presence or the Ilitch's buying the team ends that era.

Dead Wings, man.
100 percent Dead Wings.
Detroit Red Wings 1985-86 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

I remember the sweatshirts being sold in The Hockey News.
Dead Wings.
MakeMeLaughs

Yeah they went to the conference finals the next year...but they were still a pretty mediocre team that was under .500.

I think Jacques Demers deserves a lot of credit for ending the Dead Wings era.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad