Confirmed with Link: Seider signs (7 x $8.55m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Statistically they were dogshit together.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I circle back to this team needing to use those free agency bucks on a 2RD upgrade instead of on Tank and Kane. I get that Yzerman didn't want to commit long term money and spent on the short term for those guys, we have a gaping hole on right defense after Mo. I think it'll only be more evident this season.
Well we do know that he tried to get Trouba with salary retained from New York. I get that he needed a backup plan, but I do think when we talk about this that plays into the picture. I don't think Yzerman wanted to go term lengths on some of the guys like Roy wanted, he wanted to get a guy with less years in to fill that role in my opinion.

Mo is going to shoulder a ridiculous load until Edvinsson can help take some of it off of him. I hope for the teams sake that comes quickly.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Well we do know that he tried to get Trouba with salary retained from New York. I get that he needed a backup plan, but I do think when we talk about this that plays into the picture. I don't think Yzerman wanted to go term lengths on some of the guys like Roy wanted, he wanted to get a guy with less years in to fill that role in my opinion.

Mo is going to shoulder a ridiculous load until Edvinsson can help take some of it off of him. I hope for the teams sake that comes quickly.
I understand all that. But I don't understand why it isn't a good idea on TOP of all that.

Let's say that I snap my fingers and tomorrow both Seider and Edvinsson are top pairing caliber defensemen. This roster still needs another top 4 defensemen - both due to a lack of talent from the rest of the defense, and from a standpoint of team building. (If the lottery screwed you out of any chance at a Bedard/Hughes type forward, then lean further into building an amazing defense.)

I mean, who doesn't like a defense with Seider, Edvinsson, and Roy taking the heavy lifting, somebody like Chiarot serving as a bridge with lesser minutes as the kids learn, and all of Johansson, ASP, Wallinder, and Buium on their way to one degree or another?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad