Confirmed with Link: Seider signs (7 x $8.55m)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Great! Let's play hockeyyy!!!

BTW what is the next subject of overreaction and baseless panic? Last thread lasted 43 pages, can we top that? Nice little goal for this forum, should we start or is it too early to ask now already why Ed and Cossa hasn't been re-signed yet? Stevie, you bum, Mo's and Ray's contracts are nice but what have you done for me lately?

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
1726780146837.jpeg

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Sugar-free Rock Star
May 11, 2023
Fair enough on English being a supplemental language for Henkka.

That was a bit rude of me. I just giggled reading it, is all.

I’m sure if I tried Finnish I’d make a right joke of myself and I should certainly not be a prick to someone else learning and doing

Reactions: Henkka

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Great deal, and also positive that Seider and Ray now won’t hit UFA in the same summer. Adds flexibility

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Great! Let's play hockeyyy!!!

BTW what is the next subject of overreaction and baseless panic? Last thread lasted 43 pages, can we top that? Nice little goal for this forum, should we start or is it too early to ask now already why Ed and Cossa hasn't been re-signed yet? Stevie, you bum, Mo's and Ray's contracts are nice but what have you done for me lately?
Why does: off season + having only one topic worth discussing equal a panic riot to so many people? Ive pretty much been quietly reading the 43 pages as they unfolded and I must have missed the panic.
I saw speculation. I saw some frustration. I only saw the notion of panic being introduced by a couple of superior types. I guess if one continues to insist that a panic is on, it tends to make them seem more calm and reasonable.
The deals got done as we all knew they would. Great deals, fun discussion. My thanks to all the panic-stricken individuals who kept the conversation alive as I, calmly and curiously, checked in daily to see if there was any progress.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
That 8th year starts at 12M :laugh:
Which, by the time that happens, is probably more like $10M in today's cap percentage.

($8.5M x 7) + $10M = $69.85M.
$69.85M / 8 = $8.73M AAV.

So yeah, in actual dollars it will be more expensive. But in terms of cap percentage it's totally insignificant versus the alternative. (Well, I suppose if Mo has either a phenomenal or horrendous season in the last year of his 7-year deal, that could have a bigger impact on the next negotiation than if he were under contract for another year to see what happened next. But the point is that there's nothing to worry about.)

Last edited:

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
This sarcasm?

Because the lack of an 8th year and the cap hit barely being under Larkin's kinda suggests that there is absolutely an internal cap...
No doubt Yzerman preferred not having anyone making more than Larkin at this point in time.

Just as well - not many teams with a handful of bloated contracts go far in the playoffs, or so it seems.

Wow this is better for the team than Raymond's deal. I'm relieved, I thought Lemieux would be more of a prick just for old times' sake.
You and me!

But from what I’ve read about Lemieux he’s a decent guy off the ice.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Curious as to how the season will play out with both Mo and Ray.. I know everyone will say it's ridiculous but I think Seider especially was held back a tad bit just to keep the negotiations a bit easier and keep his numbers a little lower for Yzerman. Now if he gets the #1 PP I think we see more of an unleashed Seider. Same goes for Ray he'll probably get more than his 17 mins a game now..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad