OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
League set! An even 12 teams. ALL HFBOARDS MEMBERS! As of now it looks like we may stay at 12, as nobody else has approached me about joining. That could change, but the draft is right around the corner.

Full roster:
@DOTS13
(Werewolves of London)
@MIGs Dog (Grey Wolves)
@PainForShane (the Facemasks)
@Kyle003p (Beat the Spread)
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Dr VinnyBoombatz)
@AZviaNJ (I hate Wendy's)
@middlebrook (Chayka's Hangover)
@GiveAFlyingPuck (Chipchura’s Champs)
@Summer Rose (Gainesville Magnitudes)
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers)
@Devils Badvocate (Puttin’ on the Foil Coach)
@RABBIT (Mr Hugh Jass)

If you want to join a group chat, join the discord channel below. I would recommend some kind of group chat, because the ESPN app doesn’t notify you of messages for some reason. You have to consistently check. A group chat is good for trade requests, league discussion, and trash talk.

Join the GOALS IN DIFFERENT AREA CODES server Discord Server!

Regarding payment, we have a few options. I’m going to stay neutral on the topic, as I’ll be the person managing the money. If you all agree to Zelle, I can do that. If you guys are split on what you want to do, there’s a paid service that we used last year that’s a bit more complicated and stringent but we can absolutely use if need be.

Please discuss in here so we can get a pulse, thanks!!! Looking forward to this

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I’m fine with Zelle even though I don’t know what it is, I just don’t really care either way. My only preference is I don’t want to be forced to use a mobile app, but the that’s not a huge deal either.

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
League set! An even 12 teams. ALL HFBOARDS MEMBERS! As of now it looks like we may stay at 12, as nobody else has approached me about joining. That could change, but the draft is right around the corner.

Full roster:
@DOTS13 (Werewolves of London)
@MIGs Dog (Grey Wolves)
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Dr VinnyBoombatz)
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers)
@RABBIT (Mr Hugh Jass)

If you want to join a group chat, join the discord channel below. I would recommend some kind of group chat, because the ESPN app doesn’t notify you of messages for some reason. You have to consistently check. A group chat is good for trade requests, league discussion, and trash talk.

Join the GOALS IN DIFFERENT AREA CODES server Discord Server!

Regarding payment, we have a few options. I’m going to stay neutral on the topic, as I’ll be the person managing the money. If you all agree to Zelle, I can do that. If you guys are split on what you want to do, there’s a paid service that we used last year that’s a bit more complicated and stringent but we can absolutely use if need be.

Please discuss in here so we can get a pulse, thanks!!! Looking forward to this

Doesn't matter to me, I'm good with whatever the group decides

Time and date for draft looks right on my end too

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Hey Rabbit

new team name for me: Tank Commander

Need an avatar?

the-fury-brad-pitt.jpg

RABBIT

Alright guys, the league is officially set! We are no longer taking any new General Managers, so we will be a 14 team league.

- It looks like majority votes were for personal payments (i.e. Venmo, Zelle) so we will begin collecting payments before the draft.

- The draft is set for this Saturday at 6PM Arizona time. You will get an alert an HOUR before stating that your draft is beginning....DO NOT PANIC....it just means that the draft room is officially open. You will see a countdown and the official draft order at that time :)

- Friendly reminder to check for recently retired/injured players.

Let's have a blast. Don't forget to join the group discord - It's always fun to join a Fantasy Sports group chat. Join the GOALS IN DIFFERENT AREA CODES server Discord Server!

OFFICIAL ROSTER:
@DOTS13 (Werewolves of London)
@MIGs Dog (Grey Wolves)
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Tank Commander)
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers)
@MayDayMayDay (Chych Chychy Boom)
@Hogan20 (Off The Floor n On The Board)
@RABBIT (Mr Hugh Jass)

Last edited:

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
14 teams in league and right now 6 teams set to make playoffs. Everyone good with that? We could make it an even 7 and have the highest seed get a first round bye?

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
14 teams in league and right now 6 teams set to make playoffs. Everyone good with that? We could make it an even 7 and have the highest seed get a first round bye?

Oooh that's a good idea. I don't know how much control you have over that but if that's an option imo makes a lot of sense to expand playoffs while also giving some sort of incentive to finish 1st overall during the regular season.

Also 2 other things:
1) Tried to join the discord server but the invite link that @RABBIT enclosed above has expired
2) With 14 teams we should probably change the payouts -- maybe the top 4 finishers (rather than the top 3) finish in the money? Maybe something like:

Winner 50%
2nd place 25%
3rd place 15%
4th place 10% (this is basically getting your entry fee back)

Not fussed about the actual % but I do think 4 rather than 3 payments is probably more fair given 14 entries, plus then the first round of the playoffs get very interesting :) Up to you guys though.

Thanks so much @RABBIT and @DOTS13 !! Looking forward to seeing you all virtually on Saturday.

Reactions: DOTS13

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Oooh that's a good idea. I don't know how much control you have over that but if that's an option imo makes a lot of sense to expand playoffs while also giving some sort of incentive to finish 1st overall during the regular season.

Also 2 other things:
1) Tried to join the discord server but the invite link that @RABBIT enclosed above has expired
2) With 14 teams we should probably change the payouts -- maybe the top 4 finishers (rather than the top 3) finish in the money? Maybe something like:

Winner 50%
2nd place 25%
3rd place 15%
4th place 10% (this is basically getting your entry fee back)

Not fussed about the actual % but I do think 4 rather than 3 payments is probably more fair given 14 entries, plus then the first round of the playoffs get very interesting :) Up to you guys though.

Thanks so much @RABBIT and @DOTS13 !! Looking forward to seeing you all virtually on Saturday.

They expire after 7 days for some reason, here's a new one: Join the GOALS IN DIFFERENT AREA CODES server Discord Server!

Reactions: PainForShane

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
It seems that the trade deadline is scheduled for December 24th. I’d there any interest in changing this?

RABBIT

ZELLE - [email protected]
VENMO - @rabbit9220

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR HFBOARDS NAME IN THE DESCRIPTION, THANKS :)

@DOTS13 (Werewolves of London) - PAID IN FULL
@MIGs Dog (Grey Wolves) - PAID IN FULL
@PainForShane (the Facemasks) - PAID IN FULL
@Kyle003p (Beat the Spread) - PAID IN FULL
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Tank Commander) - PAID IN FULL
@AZviaNJ (I hate Wendy's) - PAID IN FULL
@GiveAFlyingPuck (Chipchura’s Champs) - PAID IN FULL
@Summer Rose (Gainesville Magnitudes) - PAID IN FULL
@Grimes (Tempe Trashers) - PAID IN FULL
@Devils Badvocate (Puttin’ on the Foil Coach) - PAID IN FULL
@MayDayMayDay (Chych Chychy Boom)