OT: See New Fantasy Thread - Good to Lock this Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm down with that...making the goalie only 4 slots out of 13, makes it more forward driven and I like the separation of Forward slots, putting more pressure to get your draft right.

However, for the goalie stats, there has to be some type of minimum games played correct? Otherwise, I could just throw 2 goalies for the week (Vasi & Kuemper) and predictably be low across the board?

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
I'm down with that...making the goalie only 4 slots out of 13, makes it more forward driven and I like the separation of Forward slots, putting more pressure to get your draft right.

However, for the goalie stats, there has to be some type of minimum games played correct? Otherwise, I could just throw 2 goalies for the week (Vasi & Kuemper) and predictably be low across the board?

That's correct - 3 game minimum.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I'm in, "I hate Wendy's".....will change the name after the draft.

BTW - when is the draft? $50 sounds fine.

Thanks for setting this up again @RABBIT

Reactions: RABBIT

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I'm in, "I hate Wendy's".....will change the name after the draft.

BTW - when is the draft? $50 sounds fine.

Thanks for setting this up again @RABBIT

Ah yes! No worries, you don’t have to change your name. I just forget who’s who. I think we’ll create a poll for draft night options, but I always like to aim for a Friday/Saturday if possible.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
And a hint for newer players….before our draft join a 12 team mock draft…ESPN or Yahoo, the latter will even grade your picks.

PainForShaneX

@DOTS13 thanks for helping set this up!

Love that we're going head to head in categories, and in general I like the categories (especially hits rather than PIMs). But, am wondering 2 things:

1) Looks like no utility player -- especially with different forward slots, there are often weird schedule days with something like 4 starting left wingers & only one starting right winger, if so you have to bench someone even though not all the forward slots are taken. Not sure how I feel about that but if everyone's playing by the same rules it'll be fine.

2) I would definitely go Power Play Points instead of just Power Play goals. Two reasons:
a) means an assist on the power play wouldn't count less than an assist at even strength (at even strength you get an A and a +1, on the PP this way you would get an A and a PPP rather than just an A).
b) If you go PPG rather than PPP, there really aren't that many per week and this would become more of a luck category like shutouts. For instance last year's leading overall goal scorer Auston Matthews had only 10 PPG all year, that's not even one per week.

Either way love the head to head categories, I do think PPP rather than PPG makes more sense (whether to include a util could go either way, not that fussed as everyone will get equally annoyed without one). Up to you and @RABBIT though.

Thanks again, looking forward to seeing you all at the draft!

DOTS13

Werewolf of London
Dec 4, 2019
The Desert
@DOTS13 thanks for helping set this up!

Love that we're going head to head in categories, and in general I like the categories (especially hits rather than PIMs). But, am wondering 2 things:

1) Looks like no utility player -- especially with different forward slots, there are often weird schedule days with something like 4 starting left wingers & only one starting right winger, if so you have to bench someone even though not all the forward slots are taken. Not sure how I feel about that but if everyone's playing by the same rules it'll be fine.

2) I would definitely go Power Play Points instead of just Power Play goals. Two reasons:
a) means an assist on the power play wouldn't count less than an assist at even strength (at even strength you get an A and a +1, on the PP this way you would get an A and a PPP rather than just an A).
b) If you go PPG rather than PPP, there really aren't that many per week and this would become more of a luck category like shutouts. For instance last year's leading overall goal scorer Auston Matthews had only 10 PPG all year, that's not even one per week.

Either way love the head to head categories, I do think PPP rather than PPG makes more sense (whether to include a util could go either way, not that fussed as everyone will get equally annoyed without one). Up to you and @RABBIT though.

Thanks again, looking forward to seeing you all at the draft!

Thanks for ideas @PainForShane - I went back and forth on the util player at first. I'm happy to add that, more points for everyone! And I wasn't too sure how the PPG or A would affect the even strength points. Seems like an obvious fix - thanks again for feedback.

Reactions: PainForShane

RABBIT

There looks to be a team that I can't pin any user to, whoever signed up as "Puttin on the Foil Coach" AKA Gayne Wretsky please let me know so I can account for you :nod:

So far I see the following:

Out:
@Jagged Ice

In:
@DOTS13 (Werewolves of London)
@MIGs Dog (Grey Wolves)
@PainForShane (the Facemasks)
@Kyle003p (Beat the Spread)
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Dr VinnyBoombatz)
@AZviaNJ (I hate Wendy's)
@middlebrook (Chayka's Hangover)
@GiveAFlyingPuck (Chipchura’s Champs)
@Summer Rose (Gainesville Magnitudes)
@RABBIT (lol) (Mr Hugh Jass)

Potential newcomers?:
@Grimes
(if you need have already signed up, just let me know. You may be the un-accounted for team I mentioned in the beginning of this message.)

So far just 10 confirmed teams. Maybe 11. We will aim for 12 but can always go more!

Last edited:

RABBIT

I wish there was a way to add a poll to a single post, but it doesn't look that way.

To the active managers in the league, I'm aiming for either Friday October 8th or Saturday October 9th for the draft dates. Weekends typically see more people available vs. a Tuesday/Wednesday draft, and I want the draft to be a close to the season opener as possible just in case there are injuries in training camp.

So if we do Friday the 9th, i'm thinking after 6pm to account for our weekday workers. Saturdays usually offer more flexibility, so we can adjust accordingly.

I just need as much feedback as possible on the draft day/time so we can have most (if not all) of you live drafting. Thanks.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I wish there was a way to add a poll to a single post, but it doesn't look that way.

To the active managers in the league, I'm aiming for either Friday October 8th or Saturday October 9th for the draft dates. Weekends typically see more people available vs. a Tuesday/Wednesday draft, and I want the draft to be a close to the season opener as possible just in case there are injuries in training camp.

So if we do Friday the 9th, i'm thinking after 6pm to account for our weekday workers. Saturdays usually offer more flexibility, so we can adjust accordingly.

I just need as much feedback as possible on the draft day/time so we can have most (if not all) of you live drafting. Thanks.

That works and I don't mind just sending zelle for the money, rather than using what we did the last time. I can trust @RABBIT with the funds to actually pay out the winners.

Reactions: PainForShane

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
There looks to be a team that I can't pin any user to, whoever signed up as "Puttin on the Foil Coach" AKA Gayne Wretsky please let me know so I can account for you :nod:

So far I see the following:

Out:
@Jagged Ice

In:
@DOTS13 (Werewolves of London)
@MIGs Dog (Grey Wolves)
@PainForShane (the Facemasks)
@Kyle003p (Beat the Spread)
@Dr VinnyBoombatz (Dr VinnyBoombatz)
@AZviaNJ (I hate Wendy's)
@RABBIT (lol) (Mr Hugh Jass)

Players from last year that I have not heard from yet:
@middlebrook (Chayka's Hangover) SENT A PM

Potential newcomers?:
@Grimes
@GiveAFlyingPuck
(if you one of you guys have already signed up, just let me know. One of you may be the un-accounted for team mentioned in the beginning of this message.)

So far just 7 confirmed teams. Maybe 8. If those mentioned in this thread from last season can confirm that they are in or out that would be extremely helpful :nod: I need to see if I need to invite more people and I need to know how many teams I'm officially rolling with. Thanks in advance!
I'll join up tonight.

RABBIT

Glad to hear @GiveAFlyingPuck, and thanks for the trust guys. Maybe I can look into a money pool through PayPal or something. That way it’s not too difficult with the signup through LeagueSafe. I have no problem holding onto the money via Zelle, but on the off chance something happens to me (no dramatics here lol) I don’t want you guys to not be able to retrieve your funds.

i’ll leave that portion up to group consensus as well. We can either stick with what we had last year in LeagueSafe or go a different route. I just want people feeling safe to play.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Glad to hear @GiveAFlyingPuck, and thanks for the trust guys. Maybe I can look into a money pool through PayPal or something. That way it’s not too difficult with the signup through LeagueSafe. I have no problem holding onto the money via Zelle, but on the off chance something happens to me (no dramatics here lol) I don’t want you guys to not be able to retrieve your funds.

i’ll leave that portion up to group consensus as well. We can either stick with what we had last year in LeagueSafe or go a different route. I just want people feeling safe to play.

Well, if that is the case and you happen to kick the bucket (praying you dont), I would be happier giving my entire winnings to your family for whatever expenses they wanted to use them for. Truly, much easier just sending zelle and not having to use leaguesafe.

RABBIT

Well, if that is the case and you happen to kick the bucket (praying you dont), I would be happier giving my entire winnings to your family for whatever expenses they wanted to use them for. Truly, much easier just sending zelle and not having to use leaguesafe.

Yeah it would obviously be a very unique set of circumstances causing that to happen but just throwing it out there! I'm happy to keep it locked away via Zelle as well.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

Saturday is better for me, but I'll make either day work.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
f*** it, is there room for another player? I’ll probably suck ass, but I might as well try.

Based on the thread title, that means we can add 352 to the list of area codes… except my cell number is still a 480 number :laugh:

RABBIT

f*** it, is there room for another player? I’ll probably suck ass, but I might as well try.

Based on the thread title, that means we can add 352 to the list of area codes… except my cell number is still a 480 number :laugh:

it’s fantasy, it’s fun even if you do suck! I think I’m coming off of a bottom 2 performance. Happy to have ya!

go ahead and sign up here: Fantasy Hockey Join - ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan