Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
How Allen and Bills have gotten the label of “window closing” and “can’t get the job done in the playoffs” rather than Jackson and the Ravens is beyond me. Same age QB, Bills have 10 times the playoff success, and Jackson always plays poor in the playoffs.

Media narratives man

Lamar has three 3-and-outs in five drives in the first half against the Texans. Not good

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Just heard that the ref who called Benson’s “slash” has been added to the officiating crew tomorrow.

…I‘m sure it’s fine

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’m really excited that the AFC added yet another elite young QB.

Very cool

Just what we needed moving forward.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
How Allen and Bills have gotten the label of “window closing” and “can’t get the job done in the playoffs” rather than Jackson and the Ravens is beyond me. Same age QB, Bills have 10 times the playoff success, and Jackson always plays poor in the playoffs.

Media narratives man

Lamar has three 3-and-outs in five drives in the first half against the Texans. Not good
From the but of the have I've seen, it seems like Houston is using Miami's strategy from last year by sending a ton of blitz packages at Lamar.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
“Singletary, the former Buffalo Bill who has been to the playoffs all five years of his career”

Factual statements that tell zero story

Reactions: HaNotsri

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Baltimore about to make it a 2 score game. Houston needs a stop and a response.

Baltimore's completely shut down Houston's offense with some help from pre-snap penalties.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
I have to disagree. He's a damn good QB. His rushing ability puts him top-5 QBs in the league for me.
QBs that are clearly better than him:

Mahomes
Allen
Burrows

QBs I’d take over him but are in the same group:

Lawrence
Cousins
Stroud
Stafford

So I guess above average is more accurate, but he is not a QB that instills fear. The ravens as a team do though.

They’re damn good.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Unpopular opinion, but Lamar Jackson is an average QB on a great team.

When talking STRICTLY about his ability to throw the ball........I can at least kind of see where it's coming from. His accuracy and touch aren't always great.

But, Lamar isn't the typical pocket QB. Gotta take into account everything he does.....and that makes him easily top 5.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
QBs that are clearly better than him:

Mahomes
Allen
Burrows

QBs I’d take over him but are in the same group:

Lawrence
Cousins
Stroud
Stafford

So I guess above average is more accurate, but he is not a QB that instills fear. The ravens as a team do though.

They’re damn good.
Lawrence, Cousins, a rookie, and broke Matt Stafford over a 1.5 time MVP that played under a Greg Roman offense… oof. Frozen takes ahead.

Reactions: Husko

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Former 2nd round pick from Penn State, very good speed, but injuries (acl, hammy and heart issue). Could be a gadget/speed/kr roll of the dice camp guy especially if they move on from Harty. Was awarded Courage award in Denver by his teammates.
Screen Shot 2024-01-20 at 8.44.10 PM.png

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Lawrence, Cousins, a rookie, and broke Matt Stafford over a 1.5 time MVP that played under a Greg Roman offense… oof. Frozen takes ahead.
Lawrence is still living off of pre draft hype. Good QB, but not close to top-5. I do think injuries derailed his season this year, so it'll be interesting to see how he does next year. He definitely has the potential to be elite.

Cousins is underrated. He's in that 5-10 range of QBs, but closer to 10, though I'd have to do a top-10 list to say for sure. Not on Lamar's level.

Stroud needs to prove more, and while I think Stafford is/ was a damn good QB, and I admire how he ended the year, Lamar was better this year and in his prime, so I'd take Lamar going forward.

Gun to my head, my top-5 would be (off of pure impact)

Mahomes- Allen is the only one I think can beat him when he's going super saiyan, uber consistent, and has the hardware to backup his spot as the alpha among QBs.

Allen- Highest ceiling, but the INTs are costly. If he ever reels in the INTs even a bit while he's in his physical prime, which I believe he can, he'd have a legit chance of being the best QB in the NFL.

Burrow- If there is a Tom Brady Clone; this is him (poor man's, of course) Incredibly smart. Very accurate. Tough. Can manuever in the pocket, and isn't afraid to hang in there to make a play.

Lamar- Insane physical ability. He can kill a team with his rushing ability, and I think he's going to pop off these playoffs.

Herbert- the stats speak for themselves.
His team stinks. He has the third best arm talent in the league behind Allen and Mahomes.

But I believe Lamar, Allen, and Burrow are damn near interchangeable. I also believe Herbert would also be in their tier if he didnt play on such a joke of a team over the years, but unfortunately the stink of a poorly run team also taints the QB. I'm still so damn happy Miami chose Tua over Herbert. Phew!

Last edited:
Reactions: Husko
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad