Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Trading Elam right now would result in dead cap hits of 1.78 million this year (1.33 savings) and 3.57 million in 2024 (basically breaking even).

View attachment 745051

That said, I wouldn't do it. Probably not for a third and definitely not for a fourth, much less the Cowboys fourth which will be very late.
Oh, ok. I was looking at the dead cap from him being cut. The dead cap from a trade really isn’t bad. Certainly not prohibitive like I first thought.

I agree though. I’m not ready to dump him for a 4th round pick (yet). For a 2nd? Sure, but I don’t see that happening.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I completely disagree. A top tier slot receiver makes life easier for a QB. They come up big on those third downs. Beasley has been sorely missed in this offense. Also, Higgins isn't just a good #2. He'd be a #1 on a lot of teams. That's a luxury most QBs don't have, and I find it hard to believe that having perhaps the best #2 WR in the league doesn't help a QB when he's going through his progressions.

One of the reasons the Browns have had so much success against that offense is because they have corners that can actually matchup against the Cincy's WRs. I've read it countless times from Bengals and Browns fans. Most teams are going to struggle slowing down that WR core.

It's nothing against Burrow. He'd still be a damn good QB regardless of his weapons. As I said, his pocket presence, ball placement, and ability to read defense range from good-to-great traits of his. He'd succeed regardless. But to say having the best WR core in the NFL doesn't help him is strange to me.

I will say, his coaching leaves a lot to be desired, and I also agree with Fezzy that McDaniel is a far better game planner. He's a lot like Shannahan in his ability to get the ball into his playmakers hands. I read a comment on here that Tua is the perfect point guard for that squad, and I think that's a great analogy, though I do think Tua is quite a bit better than he gets credit for on this forum.
burrow is a glorified game manager. i’m not afraid to go there

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Penning reminds me of Incognito in terms of how aggressive he is on the field. Incognito had his best years with Kromer.

I’d love for Beane to work an Elam-for-Penning trade. Buffalo would add but I think that’s the type of Sheppard-for-Hughes trade which would improve the team.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Penning reminds me of Incognito in terms of how aggressive he is on the field. Incognito had his best years with Kromer.

I’d love for Beane to work an Elam-for-Penning trade. Buffalo would add but I think that’s the type of Sheppard-for-Hughes trade which would improve the team.
I doubt the Saints would be willing to trade penning. They traded a lot to get him and he’s barely played because of the injury. Sunk cost fallacy, but moving in from him would be a very tough pill for them to swallow

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 1.17.53 PM.png

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I doubt the Saints would be willing to trade penning. They traded a lot to get him and he’s barely played because of the injury. Sunk cost fallacy, but moving in from him would be a very tough pill for them to swallow
I read last week where the Saints might be getting impatient with him… not sure how reputable it was.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Not to mention that, these type of trades rarely seem to happen in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad