Buffalo Bills Season's End: The Off-Seasons Starts Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
if we lose tonight, it's the exact Moe throwing barney out and barney already back in the bar

Edit: Pretty much this:

meme.
dolphinswin.jpeg

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s going to sound weird since one scenario involves losing to the same team tonight…but I feel better about either likely scenario (we aren’t going to tie) than I have about a lot of our playoff games. Cinci is out. KC is extremely unlikely next week. Those are the teams I fear. Cinci because we’ve shown zero ability to figure them out. KC because Mahomes saves the best game of his career for us every year.

Lets win and get Miami to beat KC.

Herman Hessian

Bleed Green !
Oct 1, 2010
Brighton; UK
If the Bills lose they play the Dolphins again in Miami.
Tie is Chiefs at Arrowhead.
Win is Steelers at Orchard Park.

guys - now the potential matchups are known, are the timings already fixed for each game or are they yet to be determined - would be good to know if I need to book a day off work to accommodate an early morning start here in the UK next weekend - thanks ;)

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
guys - now the potential matchups are known, are the timings already fixed for each game or are they yet to be determined - would be good to know if I need to book a day off work to accommodate an early morning start here in the UK next weekend - thanks ;)
Times won't be announced til all 6 matchups are set in stone which won't happen until after the Bills game tonight.

Reactions: Herman Hessian

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Starting to think about the schedule for next week and hoping Bills avoid the Sunday 1pm game for personal scheduling reasons.

Bills vs Mia/Pit likely isnt Sunday or Monday night worthy. Which leaves the two Sat spots, Sun 1p and Sun 4p

The sun 1 pm slot should be the worst of the games, which has to be CLE vs HOU, no?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Dolphins got f***ed so bad.

What is even your preferred outcome? I would think you'd want to kinda just rest up for KC instead of going to war two weeks in a row against a team that's been your kryptonite.

Reactions: Zman5778

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
ok so this set of games is more or less meaningless.

time to get my heart rate back to normal over the next few hours because still a lot on the line on SNF

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Dolphins got f***ed so bad.

What is even your preferred outcome? I would think you'd want to kinda just rest up for KC instead of going to war two weeks in a row against a team that's been your kryptonite.
In a weird way our tiebreaker problem against most of the conference hurt them more than us. If we lose they don’t get Pitt. They get us. Winning two in a row against anyone is hard. And we’ve had their number big time most nights. If we win we do get Pitt…which is what everyone in the conference would pick if they could pick their opponent.

Meanwhile…a loss and they have to go to KC. We get to go back to Miami. I think everyone would pick the latter. I know we win in KC often. But playoff Mahomes is a damned animal specifically against only us.

Their realistic path with a win is like…Buffalo, KC, Baltimore. Good luck.

Ours starts with Pitt if we win. So it’s already a thousand times better.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
10 wins ended up being the magic number.

Highest magic number since the introduction of the 7th seed, outside of 2020 where AFC seeds 5 through 7 all had 11 wins and Miami was out with 10. Every other year and conference it was around 9.
Man, the AFC had to be so stacked this year. At least 10 teams with .500+ records.

Reactions: SabresFan26

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Feels great to be in regardless of what happens tonight, and I think the pressure now shifts to Miami.

The Bills were lucky to even get in at all considering they were 2 plays away from losing to NYG and TB. But now, being in without having to win tonight *and* having a shot to steal the division and the 2 seed? That’s playing with house money.

Meanwhile, during Miami’s 2 biggest chances to win the division before tonight, they blew a 14 point lead to the Titans in under 4 minutes and got vaporized by Baltimore. So now, you have to face a division rival coming in with both nothing to lose, and the safety net of already having a spot clinched.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Things can change but: Cold, blustery, snow in the long range for next Sunday in WNY
So three quarters of playing it safe before someone remembers Allen can throw through wind and we turn it on late…hoping it isn’t too late.

….

Rest everyone who matters and let Miami win.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad