GDT: Season Opening GDT: Blues @ Kraken 3:30 PM CST ESPN/ESPN+

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
Seems like they added some cool goal simulations on the nhl site for all the goals that shows an overview and player positions on all the goals. Pretty cool to see

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
You should! A few months ago, I did the drive up from LA to Seattle with a friend and it was amazing. Hit the Redwoods and then the coastal drive the rest of the way.

I try to go up north every summer, whether it’s the PNW, or the Yellowstone/Grand Teton’s/Glacier area. Truly the most beautiful places in the continental US.
I guess you haven’t seen eastern Arkansas then… oh, MOST beautiful, nevermind

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Few thoughts from the game...

1. Holloway and Neighbours are impactful middle 6 players and not first liners. In other words, keeping them on the second and third lines is probably best because neither of them creates enough offense to be relied upon as the top guys.

2. Because the Blues do not have elite forward talent, the coaches will come to inevitably realize that Buchnevich needs to be on the top line with Thomas and Kyrou.

3. Broberg and Faulk are not entirely in sync. I understand the whole "easing" Broberg into the top 4, but he showed shades of JBo when he was paired with Parayko in the pre-season. Is it better to give Broberg easier matchups with a less compatible partner or maybe he is ready for top matchups at this point of his development with a more compatible partner in Parayko? I think by the end of this season, we will establish that Broberg is the best 2 way defensemen on this team, Parayko is the best shutdown defensemen, Faulk is the best offensive defensemen, and we are lucky to have Leddy as our number 4.

4. This team will always be underrated with Binnington in net. He has accomplished much more than many of his "superstar" counterparts and will never get the respect he deserves, even amongst Blues fans.

5. I am perplexed by how much leeway Kapanen and Joseph are receiving. At the end of the day, Saad and Bolduc should be in the top 9 over those two for clear reasons.

6. I am happy with this team win today, but still found myself questioning the leadership of this team. Thomas and Kyrou are very talented players, but do they have the intangibles to galvanize this team when needed? Today, the comeback was achieved through individual skill and speed, but I'd like to see a more consistent push from the entire team, and that starts with the leadership group including Schenn.

7. Speaking of Schenn; this guy has clearly lost a step. It's not like it wasn't predictable given his style of play, but he is probably best suited as a 3C at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad