GDT: Season Opener Game 1: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens 10/9/24 7:00pm EST: SN, TVAS

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
MSL's shelf life starts tonight. There has been no criticism during the past 3 years during the "rebuild". While the rebuild isn't over it is time for this team to start showing something tangible.
Based on the line up tonight this team appears bottom 8 in the league.
One thing I can predict is that I am probably not going to watch...I have no interest in this team. I am just tired of the mediocrity.

Enjoy the game!
I'm sorry to hear that Tyson , understandable , If special teams are a joke again I think many will lose hope early

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
MSL's shelf life starts tonight. There has been no criticism during the past 3 years during the "rebuild". While the rebuild isn't over it is time for this team to start showing something tangible.
One thing I can predict is that I am probably not going to watch...I have no interest in this team. I am just tired of the mediocrity.

Enjoy the game!
If they win, you do realize it was because you didn’t watch, right?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Enjoy the game!
MSL was hired February 9th 2022. The 2021-22 season was more than half over so i would not count that season as a season head coached by MSL. So basically he has been here for two complete seasons (2022-23, 2023-24) not three. I think you should give a GM 5 complete years before doing a final evaluation and a coach 3 complete years.

Last edited:
Reactions: morhilane

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Gotta put pucks in their feet and open them up and bang in rebounds.
Perimeter teams won't do well particularly ones with a horrible shooting %.
I'm sure Lane can get pucks on the net but can we get bodies in there when it counts is the question.
That has really been their biggest problem against Big goalies over the years. Very few tip ins and only Gallagher digging at the goal (which usually resulted in a disallowed goal anyway). A net front presence would be nice.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
MSL was hired February 9th 2022. The 2022-23 season was more than half over so i would not count that season as a season head coached by MSL. So basically he has been here for two complete seasons (2022-23, 2023-24) not three. I think you should give a GM 5 complete years before doing a final evaluation and a coach 3 complete years.
And Suzuki talks about the current team being 2.5 year old.
It's still a toddler. :sarcasm:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Never gets old 😀

God i loved Kovalev. He was treated unfairly by the media and some fans imo. You don't finish a season with 84 points by playing one game every 5 games. He was almost a ppg player for us in playoffs (31 points in 33 games) too and you're not a ppg player in playoffs by floating around it's just not possible.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
God i loved Kovalev. He was treated unfairly by the media and some fans imo. You don't finish a season with 84 points by playing one game every 5 games. He was almost a ppg player for us in playoffs (31 points in 33 games) too and you're not a ppg player in playoffs by floating around it's just not possible.
I think the argument is that it IS possible for Kovalev and that's how good fans thought he was when he actually tried :laugh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think the argument is that it IS possible for Kovalev and that's how good fans thought he was when he actually tried :laugh:
I know but it's a ridiculous assessment. I loved the guy but he was a flawed player. He was not a generationally skilled player. Maybve he could have done a bit better in his career and he took some day offs for sure but it was grossly exagerated. I'd say he was putting more effort ont he ice than let's say for example Josh Anderson or Joel Armia.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad