Post-Game Talk: SEASON FINALE - Canucks 4 vs. Oilers 3 | (Lottery position clinched!)

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Maybe management should have been honest with them and not lied and said they could turn this team around in a hurry.

I'm pretty sure management wasn't lying...they actually thought they could retool into a playoff contender in a year or two. They're just incompetent.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm pretty sure management wasn't lying...they actually thought they could retool into a playoff contender in a year or two. They're just incompetent.

And now that we have hindsight the room was their to make the playoffs again. The Cali teams may have taken over but the #5/6 seed from the Central bombed, Minnesota gets the #2 WC spot with only 87 points.

If management didn't jettison good players in the summer and replace them with overpriced scrubs, kept some cap flexibility and played it a bit smarter in free agency, we should have been able to finish with 90 points.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Yeah, the Sedins are clearly irritated either way they're being lied to or there is just complete incompetance in the Organization they're playing for (which they should have suspected already for the past five years).

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

1 Patrik Laine
2 Auston Matthews
3 Michael McLeod
4 Jesse Puljujarvi
5 Olli Juolevi
6 Matthew Tkachuk
7 Pierre-Luc Dubois
8 Alexander Nylander
9 Mikhail Sergachev
10 Jakob Chychrun

??
Gross list

Also disagree with basically his second bit saying people have Matthews ranked at #1 just because he's been ranked #1 for a while
He's ranked #1, and has stayed there, because he's really damn good
Laine is very damn good too
But I take Matthews over him every time

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
And now that we have hindsight the room was their to make the playoffs again. The Cali teams may have taken over but the #5/6 seed from the Central bombed, Minnesota gets the #2 WC spot with only 87 points.

If management didn't jettison good players in the summer and replace them with overpriced scrubs, kept some cap flexibility and played it a bit smarter in free agency, we should have been able to finish with 90 points.

Possibly, but very unlikely. The Canucks lost Bonino, Richardson, Kassian, Matthias and Bieksa...these players are ordinary at best. Cancelling the lateral replacement moves and allowing for the signing of perhaps a 2.5 million dollar player if Benning didn't overpay for Sbisa and Dorsett does not make up the 12 points the canucks missed the playoffs by this year.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
1 Patrik Laine
2 Auston Matthews
3 Michael McLeod
4 Jesse Puljujarvi
5 Olli Juolevi
6 Matthew Tkachuk
7 Pierre-Luc Dubois
8 Alexander Nylander
9 Mikhail Sergachev
10 Jakob Chychrun

??
Gross list

Also disagree with basically his second bit saying people have Matthews ranked at #1 just because he's been ranked #1 for a while
He's ranked #1, and has stayed there, because he's really damn good
Laine is very damn good too
But I take Matthews over him every time

It's essentially click/viewer bait. If it's a consensus across the board fans have no reason to check out more lists or revisions, no excitement. To create a controversy for the #1 pick is to create interest and therefore money for those who make it in the media. Sometimes it's obvious like Landeskog/Huberdeau over Nuge or Hedman/Duchene over Tavares.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
I have no idea why i always have the feeling that we are going to pick another patrick white, please don't let that be true!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad