Post-Game Talk: SEASON FINALE - Canucks 4 vs. Oilers 3 | (Lottery position clinched!)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
So that's it then.

Well, that was a season to forget.

And keep Burr until his contract's over. Of all the people to dump to save money, he should be the last one. A decade of going above and beyond the call of duty, taking far less money than he was worth during our best seasons, constantly singled out unfairly by everyone in the NHL HO and the media...for all the years he had the team's back, the team should have his next season.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
I'd like to see Burrows sign with a team with a chance to win. Something extra is brought out of burrows in meaningful games, he should be playing them instead of rebuilding.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Hopefully he's isn't brought back and the spot is given to real players like Gaunce.

I'm fine with persevering with him, sub-$1m 13/14 forward with potential but make him/similar earn promotion. You can't dedicate multiple roster spots to these types of guys, as we saw this year, if you are not tanking when quality depth is available and cheap, ie Richardson put up 31 points this year.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Sorry, I meant assuming he's bought out I hope to seem him on a more competitive team so we can see that nasty clutch Burrows come out one more time!

To watch him have a chance to score a playoff OT goal against Chicago or Boston again would be pretty great. But I also want him to go out with grace as a Canuck.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
They had to go out and get Dorsett and Prust to "mentor" and be "culture carriers" when we already had Burr...he may not fight as much as those plugs, but he truly is a Canuck warrior...hope they keep him around.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
So that's it then.

Well, that was a season to forget.

And keep Burr until his contract's over. Of all the people to dump to save money, he should be the last one. A decade of going above and beyond the call of duty, taking far less money than he was worth during our best seasons, constantly singled out unfairly by everyone in the NHL HO and the media...for all the years he had the team's back, the team should have his next season.

That's not the kind of Lindenning teammate. He needs to be more like Dorsett.

Dorsett misses the final part of the game by being a huge water bag.

earl grey

all the best posts
Apr 21, 2013
If they figure one of the guys they need to move is Burrows then whatever not surprised by these morons, maybe someone should ask Trev if he thinks they were right to keep him around the last few years of his career for the future of the team... kind of a similar situation with Burr...yeah not putting up great numbers but still gets up for big games, and can teach the young guys how to approach the game.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
They had to go out and get Dorsett and Prust to "mentor" and be "culture carriers" when we already had Burr...he may not fight as much as those plugs, but he truly is a Canuck warrior...hope they keep him around.

Dorsett misses the last period of the season because he squirted water at someone after a goal, while Burrows scored a clutch shootout goal and celebrated with his team mates.

:shakehead

I don't think these idiots could have ****ed things up more if they tried.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014

Fully agree. Would be a pointless, penny pinching move to buy him out after all he's done. Look at trading him if he wants to go. If he doesn't, let him finish his career here.

Nice to actually enjoy a game again. Good way to end the season.

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
I hope they bought out Dorsett instead. I'd keep Burrows for one more year as our 4th liner. I never like Dorsett even with his clown act, what's up with water squirt? Yes, he bring energy but he also commit a few bonehead penalties this year that cost us some momentum within a few games.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I hope they bought out Dorsett instead. I'd keep Burrows for one more year as our 4th liner. I never like Dorsett even with his clown act, what's up with water squirt? Yes, he bring energy but he also commit a few bonehead penalties this year that cost us some momentum within a few games.

That was embarrassing. 3 more years. :facepalm:

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
I can't understand why trading or buying out Burrows might even be entertained. The team wants to clean house? I've got a lengthy list of players we should cut first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad