Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] G Joey Daccord signs extension with the Kraken (5 years, $5M AAV)

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Not even 70 games played yet in the NHL... I usually like to wait at least 100+ to see what a goalie truly is in the NHL. So much can change when teams start to get the book on a goalie. Then it really depends if they can adjust or not. Will be a big season for Daccord this year to tell if he can adjust to that or not.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
This is risky coming off of one big season, with that said 5M is like minimum wage for an average starting goalie.

Daccord is a pending UFA and prior to getting hurt last year was a Vezina candidate. He is also a player who was a late bloomer but improved at every level.

This contract should but the Ullmark one in perspective and help people understand where the market is for goalies.

Reactions: HBK27

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I mean .916 is pretty good numbers on a non playoff team, but that's not a very long track record.

Granted I think Seattle's logic is 5 mill now is going to be like 3.5 mill in short order with large cap increases coming.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad