Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] D Brandon Montour signs with the Kraken (7 years, $7.14M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
That’s a lot of cash for an offensive dman who got his spot on PP1 taken by OEL !
1000004883.png

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I hope Montour is able to limit the frustrating shit he pulls in Seattle, cause if he isn't having Montour/Oleksiak/Dunn in your top 4 will be a nightmare for fans. Clearly Seattle is going for it though, so I hope they at least make the playoffs. Or that they don't and the owners pull their heads out of their asses.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
I figured his team would let him walk because of his inflated numbers. He is not a top 2 defenseman. Ideally more of a #4 that is so far slanted towards offense that you need to plan around that. That's a lot of dough for such a player.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Seattle is making some terrible decisions today
It's really hard to overstate how catastrophically they've hamstrung their organization today. Absolutely disastrous deals.

Montour is just not that good, straight up. He's horrific on retrievals and gets forechecked to oblivion. Because of this, he can't actually "move the puck". He relies on others making exits for him, then joining the rush to collect his cookie points. His IQ is bizarre at the best of times. And though he's played on the 1PP, he's not additive and frankly he's not good there. Empty calorie points.

They've locked in big contracts to aggressively mid players, ensuring the club remains mediocre and not good enough to be truly competitive, but preventing them from entering any of the Bedard/Celebrini/Hagens/Mckenna sweepstakes.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think 80% of the teams, contender or not would love to have him on your team. but not at 7 million. this is just insane.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
It's really hard to overstate how catastrophically they've hamstrung their organization today. Absolutely disastrous deals.

Montour is just not that good, straight up. He's horrific on retrievals and gets forechecked to oblivion. Because of this, he can't actually "move the puck". He relies on others making exits for him, then joining the rush to collect his cookie points. His IQ is bizarre at the best of times. And though he's played on the 1PP, he's not additive and frankly he's not good there. Empty calorie points.

They've locked in big contracts to aggressively mid players, ensuring the club remains mediocre and not good enough to be truly competitive, but preventing them from entering any of the Bedard/Celebrini/Hagens/Mckenna sweepstakes.

Yeah, it's a strange roster. Almost entirely composed of middle of the lineup guys with an average age of around 30 (Dunn as the exception).

They will be "competitive" but don't have the top-end talent to be anything more than that. Unfortunately as an expansion team they feel the pressure to be good right away, especially after the start Vegas had to their franchise.

But if you just looked at them objectively, you would think they're ready for a rebuild because they're going nowhere fast.

Reactions: bossram

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Glad we didn't resign him since I don't think his game will age well, and 2022-23 seems more likely to be an outlier than what he is going forward.

That being said, wish him nothing but the best and would love for him to prove me wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad