Confirmed Signing with Link: [SEA] D Brandon Montour signs with the Kraken (7 years, $7.14M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Seattle's been looking for a top 4 RHD since they started pretty much, and Montour played 22+ minutes for the cup champion. They missed the playoffs last year and don't want to miss again.

I'm expecting to see a big fat number.

Reactions: Kraken Jokes

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Wow, I didn't have Seattle on the list of likely destinations.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I am a little surprised to be honest. I know we need scoring help all over D as well as F but I thought it would be more on the forward front. Plus not sure who we are moving from our D.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think if healthy this is a great fit...

Dunn, Larsson, Montour, Oleksiak, Borgen and Evans looks like a really, really good blueline.

Dunn-Larsson
Oleksiak-Montour
Evans-Borgen
Dumoulin

That's really good.

Edit: And a shade over $7 million really isn't a bad AAV either, considering some of the projections for Montour.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I am a little surprised to be honest. I know we need scoring help all over D as well as F but I thought it would be more on the forward front. Plus not sure who we are moving from our D.
With the signing Evans becomes the 7th D-man unless the Kraken trade Oleksiak or trade/waive Dumoulin which I don't see happening

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
Good for him. Think a 1 to 1.5mil more than what Zito wants to spend to complete the roster.

Reactions: Vilam

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad