Trade: [SD/MIA] Luis Arraez for Dillon Head, Woo-suk Go, Jakob Marsee, Nathan Martorella

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Man was there a shitload of overreaction to this trade as I figured at the time.

0.5 bWar
-0.9 waa
4 HR, 10BB

And a GIDP waiting to happen.
he's been playing with a torn ligament in his thumb and still ranks 3rd in the NL in BA. power has never been a part of his game

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
he's been playing with a torn ligament in his thumb and still ranks 3rd in the NL in BA. power has never been a part of his game

Not saying he's a scrub, he's a fine player to have, just pointing out the overreaction to him being traded, he's far from a world beater or a cornerstone guy.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Not saying he's a scrub, he's a fine player to have, just pointing out the overreaction to him being traded, he's far from a world beater or a cornerstone guy.
it has more to do with the fact that he was still under club control for another two seasons and was one of their best offensive players. not to mention that they were coming off a rare playoff appearance. really no good reason to trade him

watching teams like miami, oakland, pittsburgh, etc operate the way they do because their owners don't care about winning is sickening

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
it has more to do with the fact that he was still under club control for another two seasons and was one of their best offensive players. not to mention that they were coming off a rare playoff appearance. really no good reason to trade him

watching teams like miami, oakland, pittsburgh, etc operate the way they do because their owners don't care about winning is sickening

When he was traded, MIA was 9-26, their season was already over. They sold high-ish on him, got back good value, looking back now.

Again, not a world beater, or guy who sells tickets. I just can't understand why people think trading him was some farce. Marlins were going nowhere fast and he wasn't going to change anything and he seems to be fading as a player in this league.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
When he was traded, MIA was 9-26, their season was already over. They sold high-ish on him, got back good value, looking back now.

Again, not a world beater, or guy who sells tickets. I just can't understand why people think trading him was some farce. Marlins were going nowhere fast and he wasn't going to change anything and he seems to be fading as a player in this league.
i wouldn't say that a guy who is playing with a bad thumb, still 3rd in the NL in BA, and hit .354 last season is "fading"

and no one's saying he's a superstar talent. just fed up with owners who don't even try to put together a winning team

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Idk, guess we could go back and forth all day, but I think it's pretty objective to say he's a fading player, he used to add value with fielding and positional versatility. now he's just a DH/bad 1B who has to hit for absurdly, almost unsustainably high BA to be anything more than just a guy on a winning team. i wouldn't count on that moving forward, sure he'll be around .300 but unless something else changes he's just not that valuable anymore.

I could sorta understand it at the time, but i don't get how you can look back now and still think the Marlins made a bad trade by getting rid of him... 🤷‍♂️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad