GDT: "Screw it. Let's win again." (Game #4, Oct. 15) Blackhawks @ Flames - 7:00pm MT, 4am EEST

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Let's f***ing go!!!

1728970795679.png

"Screw it, let's win again."
- The Flames, probably

Flames lines...
from last game, I think, my memory is shit

Huberdeau - Pospisil - Mantha
Honzek - Kadri - Kuzmenko
Zary - Backlund - Coleman
Lomberg - Kirkland - Coronato

Weegar - Miromanov
Bahl - Andersson
Barrie - Pachal

Wolf or Vladar

Chicago lines:
Bedard - TT

Brodie, Jones and some fake Pickle wannabe

Old Man Mrazek, probably

hockey-calgary.gif

calgary-flames.gif

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I mostly lurk HF these days, but this is the most fun I've had as a fan in over a decade. Been waiting so long for management to pull the plug and do a proper rebuild. Watching them go 3-0 to start and turfing the Oilers is just gravy at this point.

Like everyone else, I'm sure the young team energy surge will normalize and the winning will dry up, but what a time to be alive. Go Flames!

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I like how many young guys are being big parts of this roster.
Would love to see us start the season 4-0, just to keep the fun rolling. I think everyone's aware that we'll eventually hit a wall, but let's have a bunch of fun while it lasts. Love this team so far, just a bunch of guys who want to be here, playing good team hockey. Our stars finally look like who we ponied up for, Huby reaching 5 points in 3 games is so damn cool, more points than he had the entirety of October last year.

Pospisil, Zary, Bean, Bahl and Wolfie all being important pieces is nice.

Would love for Honzo to get his first tonight.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I swear I need to get loaded before reading this board sometimes... claiming Zary is more skilled and cerebral than Monahan? A multiple time 30-goal scorer than always knew where to go... f***ing christ the relentless number of terrible takes here is overwhelming sometimes.

Reactions: Khrox

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I swear I need to get loaded before reading this board sometimes... claiming Zary is more skilled and cerebral than Monahan? A multiple time 30-goal scorer than always knew where to go... f***ing christ the relentless number of terrible takes here is overwhelming sometimes.
What does Monahan being a multiple 30-goal scorer have to do with comparing skill between those two players besides saying "well he accomplished x stat that the other player hasn't so duh obviously he is more skilled what a crappy take!" An incredibly simplistic view of looking at things; one because counting stats don't necessarily conflate with skill, and two because Zary has yet to have the time in the league to produce those counting stats. And it's no slam on Monahan, he has some damn fine hands (see the game against Ottawa in 2017 when he scored behind the legs), but Monahan could never make a play like Zary did in OT against the Canucks.

Reactions: Backlund and Volica

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
God damn that tribute Columbus did for Johnny had me tearing up again. Nice job from them.

Really liking how big and fast the forwards are looking this year. Two things that always struck me as a roster deficiency during a lot of Treliving's tenure. Also a total lack of an outside threat to score, which I think has also been remedied nicely.

Could see a high scoring sloppy affair. Seen a lot of Bedard already but his 1st time on Saddledome ice in the NHL.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Zary really reminds me of a modestly more skilled Sean Monahan. Funny enough, his rookie season matches up pretty similarly to Monahan's; furthermore, Zary has also shown an extra step in his second NHL season much like Monahan did.

That's a very weird comparison because they don't really play the same at all. Monahan was big but rarely used his size to shield the puck, was a mediocre puck carrier and would find soft spots in coverage so he could shoot because of his ability to elevate quickly from in tight. Zary hangs on to pucks much better and skates into open ice to try and make plays. Monahan was always looking to score and would try to make the right play if it wasn't there while Zary is much more of a creator who wants to hold onto the puck and make things happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad