GDT: SCQF Game 5: Montreal Canadiens vs Philadelphia Flyers 8/19/20 8:00pm EST SN, TVA, NBC-SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Time to accept this series is over and put a couple of young players in. Fleury and maybe even Poehling.
Your absolutely right but knowing how stupid and anti development our management is you'll see this team die on their hill with the exact same players dressed as last night possibly with the same lines.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Your absolutely right but knowing how stupid and anti development our management is you'll see this team die on their hill with the exact same players dressed as last night possibly with the same lines.

I don't wish that but if the team goes down, then several management and staff heads should also roll. Otherwise, it'll just be the same recipe all over again for the next cycle of incoming assets. I just don't know what it will take but what we do know, is that the current formula and asset profile will not work. Not in this format, not in any other format.

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Drouin experiment has been a disaster.. it needs to end

They can always try to sell him to another team and claim that the player could not handle playing in this market. Best place for him would be a low scrutiny environment in a sunbelt State.

Reactions: PhysicX

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Imagine being down 3-1 in a series where your goalie has allowed 5 goals and has a .951 save percentage.

Imagine being up in a series 3-1 where you've been out played by the opposition every game at every position, except goaltending and coaching - and where the opposition's goalie has been elite, having allowed 5 goals and has a .951 save percentage.

Flyers will get crushed in the next round, by the Islanders. They suck aside from their goalie and coach.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
They can always try to sell him to another team and claim that the player could not handle playing in this market. Best place for him would be a low scrutiny environment in a sunbelt State.
I believe that's where he came from and we know how he handled that...

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Armia is and always has been a 3rd liner. Only with the Habs is he playing in the top 6 because...well he's the only guy with some size who can effectively cycle the puck , win board battles and dig puck in the corners. The guy would never sniff top 6 time on any contending team. Sure he can temporarily fill a hole in the top 6 in case of injury but soon his flaws will start to show if you leave him there for too long. Kinda like a good goalie backup who get promoted to no1 but then start the falter as teh games go by.

It's not a knock on Armia but it's a testament to how much this team need talented players with some size in the top 6. Armia is like a Plan C because we have no one else
Armia has been on the 4th line since the 3rd period of game 1. Before that he was on the 3rd line. He has not been used at all in the top 6 in the playoffs.

Reactions: abo9

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't wish that but if the team goes down, then several management and staff heads should also roll. Otherwise, it'll just be the same recipe all over again for the next cycle of incoming assets. I just don't know what it will take but what we do know, is that the current formula and asset profile will not work. Not in this format, not in any other format.
The problem is that even if they go down no heads will roll and it will be the exact same team and issues next year barring a suprising sign or trade it's depressing as a fan who wants to see my team be an actual competitor not a no mans land mess.

Reactions: Runner77

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What a brutal and frustrating experience it's been the last two games. So stale and unwatchable.

If they're going to go out on this one, go out with a bang.
I'm not watching another game after the Habs lose until it's Philly vs The Isles. What excitement that would be. :laugh:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
818793-1.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Domi-KK-Gally
Tatar-Suzuki-Drouin
Byron-Danault-Lehkonen

That should be the top 9 imo
I'd flip Lehk and Drouin at least give Suzuki a player who has some puck retrieval and fore check skills. Drouin give him to Danault or ask him to exploit Philly's fourth line with his awesome talent. :sarcasm:

Reactions: DAChampion

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Imagine being down 3-1 in a series where your goalie has allowed 5 goals and has a .951 save percentage.
But... but... but with a hot goaltender anything can happen right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad