GDT: SCQ Game 4: Philadelphia Flyers vs Montreal Canadiens 8/18/20 3:00pm EST SN, NBC-SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Hell yeah, the first game of the long time classic back-to-back playoffs games. Oh wait, this is not a thing usually, never mind.

Anyways gotta win this or thing will get complicated.

Reactions: Runner77

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I have a good feeling about this game , we'll win tonight. :)

Afternoon games have been good for Montreal. In fact, both afternoon games that they played this post-season, Montreal is 2-0 and have 7 goals for and 0 goals against.

They won 2-0 against Pittsburgh in the series clinching Game 5. And they won 5-0 against Philly in Game 2.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I wonder what great strategy will Muller deploy to break through the philly trap. Maybe his secret weapon will be Jordan Weal.

Looking at the lineups, I guarantee you AV has strategies in place to try to exploit the ouellet-Mete pair.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Real Timo

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Looking at theckinuos, I guarantee you AV has strategies in place to try to exploit the ouellet-Mete pair.

When I saw that pair against the Pens... I said, That won't last long! And would you look at that... still there after 7 games. I'm surprised!

Weber is +6
Chiarot is +5
Mete, Kulak, Ouellet are all 0

If we loose tonight, I suspect they will shuffle things.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
When I saw that pair against the Pens... I said, That won't last long! And would you look at that... still there after 7 games. I'm surprised!

Weber is +6
Chiarot is +5

I like their effort. And they may be able to continue to weather the storm.

Ouellet's skating style is more lumbering than fluid, to say the least. But he's been effective.

Mete may one day get used to playing the right side, but that day hasn't yet come.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Would like to see Poehling in and Belzile out.
Poehling is clutch in big games, him and Armia would be crazy punishing on the forecheck.

Fleury/Juulsen in Ouellet out.
Poehling clutch in big games? Ok

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So pretty much a must win game today... and I think we know Habs record of these must win games during the season. Like must wins against Detroit and NJ. This is going to go great.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Come on Habs, 2-1 win today. Now repeat this boys and girls:

Hakka Pälle Suomipoika Jeppo Jeppo Jeppo!

That will make KK unstoppable and the Flyers very frightened, I mean who wants to be chopped up by a Finn with a telescope hockey stick!

OB5

May 2, 2015
I really hope we see the lines that we saw in game 2 and to start game 3. If Muller is so quick to give up on such promising combos then I'll lose a lot of faith in his ability to manage a roster. He needs to stick with what worked in game 2 and counter what was done in game 3. Such an easy recipe for the Flyers to beat the Habs...Muller has to be ready to fight that trap.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia

Weber is +6
Chiarot is +5

It'd be too little too late at that point. Ouellet has been awful, the time to take him out of the line up is right now.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Thwey just have to play like they played last game and it's not even going to be close. I hope they don't change anything. Last game was a freak show and it's not going to happen again.

Poehday

Nov 1, 2016
Charlotte, NC
rick-morty-shit-together-backpack-gif-8299481
tenor.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad