GDT: SCP24 | RD3 | GM5 | Dallas Stars vs. Edmonton Oilers | 7:30PM CT | TNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

pFQ2Kmz.png

wj2rMrk.png

lYQ10Ag.png

Series tied 2-2

HXUatsC.png

LbdTe4b.png

Eny23Nh.png

4gcMV1H.png

ctH5Ev1.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

uXi1lgX.png

h9J4X5t.png

Nugent-Hopkins - McDavid - Hyman
Holloway - Draisaitl - Kane
Foegele - Henrique - Brown
Janmark - Carrick - Ryan

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Desharnais
Kulak - Ceci

Skinner

O9f9cga.png

AI jam of the GDT:

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I would like to us control the game more. Kind of like we did in games 2-4 against Colorado.

Depth scoring has to show up. That’s on you pavelski and duchene. 4th line needs a goal as well. Looking at dadanov and/or steel to get a goal. And can someone unlock Harley? Where did his offense go?

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Just f***ing outwork them and don't take penalties.

I don't believe for a second the Oilers should be able to contain all three scoring lines, especially their D and beer league goalie. Their nerdy accountant masquerading as a head coach is not working miracles. But if the Stars don't put in the work, it doesn't matter who is on the other team.

Reactions: redbeardtx and LT

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'll also confirm that if Tanev can't go, Bischel is the guy.
Feels like this is an answer to a couple of other questions as well.

Bichsel is an interesting case study. Bichsel's age relative to the usual path for young defensemen is an exception to the rule because there is no need to wait a few years for him to fill out into a frame able to handle going up against the best hockey players in the world.

He's not like Harley who was drafted as a beanpole and got his first NHL games when he still wasn't strong enough to compete. I know the organization loves to take full credit for teaching Harley how to play defense, but Harley filling out from a teenager to an adult was also a huge factor in his game getting better.

Reactions: LT

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I'll also confirm that if Tanev can't go, Bischel is the guy.
I also can confirm the same thing.

In all seriousness though, the whole Bischel has zero NHL experience argument is overblown imo. The kid has played playoff hockey for over 2 months now, and was relied upon as his team’s top dman. The Swedish league ain’t no walk in the park especially when you consider he went all the way to the finals, and neither is the AHL.

I feel like he’ll be fine if he has to step in. Much rather him over Nils.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I also can confirm the same thing.

In all seriousness though, the whole Bischel has zero NHL experience argument is overblown imo. The kid has played playoff hockey for over 2 months now, and was relied upon as his team’s top dman. The Swedish league ain’t no walk in the park especially when you consider he went all the way to the finals, and neither is the AHL.

I feel like he’ll be fine if he has to step in. Much rather him over Nils.

I have concerns about his pace of play, how undisciplined he is, and his positioning.

He's not ready yet, and if he plays I worry it might be painfully obvious. Either way though, he probably only takes a few shifts even if he does play. He's not a guy who is gonna get outmuscled along the boards so at least there's that

Reactions: Elysian

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Tanev or no Tanev (most likely scenario) this team has the talent and depth to beat Edmonton. They just need to show up. Oettinger has to have a big game and the offense needs to show up.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I have concerns about his pace of play, how undisciplined he is, and his positioning.

He's not ready yet, and if he plays I worry it might be painfully obvious. Either way though, he probably only takes a few shifts even if he does play. He's not a guy who is gonna get outmuscled along the boards so at least there's that
Not saying he’s ready or he is because none of us won’t know until he’s out there. That’s facts.

What I am saying is that he is 100% the best option over anyone else we have if Tanev can’t go. Pouliot hasn’t played a game since mid April, and Nils doesn’t help shutting down opponents at all.

It’s an obvious choice imo to play Bischel over those two.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Tanev or no Tanev (most likely scenario) this team has the talent and depth to beat Edmonton. They just need to show up. Oettinger has to have a big game and the offense needs to show up.
For sure. This team has the talent to pile on goals. They can outscore one missing defenseman if they need to. We saw it a number of times this season

Reactions: LT and roryjones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad