GDT: SCP24 | RD3 | GM2 | Dallas Stars vs. Edmonton Oilers | 7:00PM CT | TNT

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Was looking back at the box score and noticed Johnston led all forwards in TOI with 19:33, second most was Seguin with 17:20. Also finished the game with 2 assists, and was +2. I keep having to remind myself this kid just turned 21, dude is just absolutely killing it out there in both ends and PDB trusts him in any situation. Glad he's getting some mainstream NHL media recognition during these playoffs because he deserves it.

Beast.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just finished the game after avoiding all the spoilers thankfully.

-EDM being able to go after Otter after every whistle is F-Ing annoying.
-Seguin's worst game this entire season I think
-Seemed like we were getting the W after EDM couldn't do anything in the first period.
-Dellandrea is a bowling ball and is the only player on the team who will hit everything
-McDavid will always get his chances but seemed we did a good job limiting them.

That was a fun game.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I know they're biased Oiler fans and a bunch of fans from other teams but man how hard is it to grasp that Dallas is a better team with Hintz in the lineup than out? Hintz with Robo is better than our current setup.

I get it. Oiler fans look at these first two games and see themselves as better, rather than Dallas doing what it does to everyone and continuing on from here. Maybe once we beat them in Edmonton they'll begin to figure it out but that general thread on the main board is mostly a beating.

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
I know they're biased Oiler fans and a bunch of fans from other teams but man how hard is it to grasp that Dallas is a better team with Hintz in the lineup than out? Hintz with Robo is better than our current setup.

I get it. Oiler fans look at these first two games and see themselves as better, rather than Dallas doing what it does to everyone and continuing on from here. Maybe once we beat them in Edmonton they'll begin to figure it out but that general thread on the main board is mostly a beating.
Let them have their fun, only thing that matters are wins and we know what this team is capable of

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX

It's a f***in dumpster fire over there

Reactions: Elysian

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Let them have their fun, only thing that matters are wins and we know what this team is capable of
We also need to cut Oilers fans some slack. Be kind. They see the abyss on the horizon.

They have two of the very best players in hockey, but they also know one is leaving in free agency next summer, and the other is gone the following summer. Every team at this stage of the playoffs knows they have guys they’ll be losing soon, but these fans know the end truly is near. Not just as a Cup contender but even as a relevant team. They know for certain they have two more seasons before their team falls back to being with the likes of the Sabres. If they are panicky and desperate, it’s all for good reason.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
We also need to cut Oilers fans some slack. Be kind. They see the abyss on the horizon.

They have two of the very best players in hockey, but they also know one is leaving in free agency next summer, and the other is gone the following summer. Every team at this stage of the playoffs knows they have guys they’ll be losing soon, but these fans know the end truly is near. Not just as a Cup contender but even as a relevant team. They know for certain they have two more seasons before their team falls back to being with the likes of the Sabres. If they are panicky and desperate, it’s all for good reason.
Yeah but they're such dicks about it

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Do we know for sure both of them are leaving? Like did i miss a rumor or something that hinted at such?

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
They have to fight the urge to pad their stats playing every possible offensive minute in Edmonton or having playoff success on an American team.

Honestly I'd probably prefer not playing in Edmonton in general.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I'd be shocked if Drai stayed after this debacle. If he goes why would McDavid stay? Especially since tons of team like Dallas will have the cap space to bring him in. No Seguin, Benn, Pavs, Duchene, and even Marchment gone, yeah they'll sign someone else in the meantime but Nill is going to make an offer if McDavid is a FA or Drai before him wants to come down.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Maybe Drai will Rad Bichards the Oilers and refuse a trade because it will make wherever he goes weaker.

I'd be shocked if Drai stayed after this debacle. If he goes why would McDavid stay? Especially since tons of team like Dallas will have the cap space to bring him in. No Seguin, Benn, Pavs, Duchene, and even Marchment gone, yeah they'll sign someone else in the meantime but Nill is going to make an offer if McDavid is a FA or Drai before him wants to come down.

Oh Dallas doesn't have the money or need for Drai. He'll go somewhere like Nashville or Chicago or Anaheim and wallow away.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Maybe Drai will Rad Bichards the Oilers and refuse a trade because it will make wherever he goes weaker.

Oh Dallas doesn't have the money or need for Drai. He'll go somewhere like Nashville or Chicago or Anaheim and wallow away.
I don't care who you are, you make room for Drai if he wants to come. No Pavs, no Duchene, trade Faska and yes the money is there. Pretty sure we wouldn't offer him the most money of all the teams but we'd be the best team he could go to and no taxes means 10m could do it. Not will, but could and after this, hard to argue against the Stars pitch to him.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1