OT: 119th Obsequious Banter Thread: April Foods Day

April Foods: Which food is/are among your favorite(s)? (Pick up to three)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
they are coming for your food
Can you blame them? I think I saw Ryan Poehling's UAP too.

20240624_192235.jpg

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

A wax statue of Lincoln melted in DC and lost his head... Art imitating life?
(I think they said they removed the head on purpose since it was the most intricately carved part)

Artist says the wax was good to 140 degrees so it shouldn't have melted... Probably why they're an artist and not a scientist. Sunlight is radiant heat that is absorbed by objects and in turn gives off heat. So the wax was baking and the concrete or whatever around it was also giving off more heat.

That's why you can 'fry an egg' on the side walk. Because in direct sunlight during the peak of summer sidewalks can get up to 145-150 degrees.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

A wax statue of Lincoln melted in DC and lost his head... Art imitating life?
(I think they said they removed the head on purpose since it was the most intricately carved part)

Artist says the wax was good to 140 degrees so it shouldn't have melted... Probably why they're an artist and not a scientist. Sunlight is radiant heat that is absorbed by objects and in turn gives off heat. So the wax was baking and the concrete or whatever around it was also giving off more heat.

That's why you can 'fry an egg' on the side walk. Because in direct sunlight during the peak of summer sidewalks can get up to 145-150 degrees.

The remaining vestiges of Democracy are melting away and have been...

Definitely art imitating life...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The Child's great-grandmother died yesterday. The Child was informed by my wife. She began sobbing. And then she asked a question.

The Child (Sobbing): So what are you gonna do to make me happy!?!?!

Beefette: Uh...wanna go to McDonald's?

The Child: The only thing that will make me happy is if you bring mumum back to life.

Beefette: OK I can't do that. All I can do is McDonald's

• Wow
Reactions: Young Sandwich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad