Speculation: Scott Hartnell: I will end my career with the Blue Jackets.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
It's sad, I would have love him in Montreal! Still very serviceable player, still able to put 50 points on the board, decent 2nd liner!

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
If I know anything about being a pro athlete it's never think you're too old to play, to be honest Hartnell saying he'll retire in Columbus at the age of 36-37 is disturbing even if it makes sense. What it really says is he has no passion left except for the $$$.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
If I know anything about being a pro athlete it's never think you're too old to play, to be honest Hartnell saying he'll retire in Columbus at the age of 36-37 is disturbing even if it makes sense. What it really says is he has no passion left except for the $$$.

His play says otherwise...

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
It really doesnt effect Jackets at all anyways for the next couple years because they decided to hire Torts as their coach. Until hes gone they're not doing anything anyways

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I know Nashville was one because there was a deal that almost went through but other then that I don't think a list ever popped up.

was that supposedly going to be part of the Jones-RyJo trade or later at the deadline?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Vegas is likely to take Korpisalo anyways.

I've been saying this for a while. Maybe not Korpi, but Vegas might take the same player regardless of the extensive transactions to protect the most players. Same for a lot of clubs - so much of the expansion protection worry is needless.

I don't know how you came to the conclusion that he just wants to take the money and retire. He's a passionate player and hasn't stopped playing like it. His quote can also be interpreted to mean that he will continue playing indefinitely in Columbus until his retirement, possibly at a much older age.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Well, this appears to be one of the biggest "if" statements I've seen in a long time. How very, very presumptuous of you.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We ran him out of town. We treated a thirty goal scorer like ****. Then he won a cup.

**** Feschuck and Simmons

No we didn't we couldn't, he had a NMC if he didn't want to leave there is literally nothing we could do.

ikyan

Apr 29, 2014
Kingston
Well Hartnell's goal is to make the Penguins miserable and he will get many chances. How many more years of Dubinsky and Hartnell driving those Pens crazy?

They drove the Pens so crazy that the Pens won the Stanley Cup in 2016 while Columbus has won 2 playoff games in their existence.

Columbus should probably try to build a team to win the Cup instead of a team to annoy another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad