Scott Darling on NHL/NHLPA Players Assistance Program - They’re Monsters (NSFW Language)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Scraggly beard and a t-shirt = hammered

That would imply high, not hammered. Which is a huge difference.

Some of you church moms need to turn in your iPads and let the kids do the thinking for you.
He could shave his beard, wear a turtle neck and still achieve the drunk look.

Why not both? 🍻😶‍🌫️

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Kuznetsov said something similar to Russian media recently.

Basically the NHLPA didnt support him, nor have his back at all.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The Player Assistance program is jointly administered by a panel of NHL and NHLPA appointed doctors. It was formerly known as SABH, established in 1996 IIRC—the Substance Abuse and Behavior Health program.

The first principle of the program is if a player has a substance abuse problem, or a mental/behavior health problem, the default action is getting the player into a doctor supervised treatment program—not terminating the player’s contract.

Ideally the Player Assistance program is protecting the player’s contract and salary while they undergo treatment. If a player refuses treatment or violates the doctors’ treatment plan then escalations can happen including suspension without pay and termination of contract.

Reactions: DaveG

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I mean yeah, obviously the PA is going to use your contract as leverage to get you to complete the program.

I can't watch while at work, but was this the actual complaint?

If so, what the f*** does he expect? If you've got a drug problem, (Or drinking, or whatever) the team's not going to just continue to let you come do blow in the locker room when they offered you paid for rehab.

Reactions: OKR

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Kuznetsov said something similar to Russian media recently.

Basically the NHLPA didnt support him, nor have his back at all.
Maybe a little onus on the guy who got caught with blow and lied about it?

Also I wonder if players go into the PA support mechanism like "okay help me as fast as you can so we can forget about this"

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
He says the NHL player assistance program is a franking joke

He says they try to void the contract once they find out about it that you’re in it.

Which I doubt
Becuase if you just up and leave and handle it yourself that is more troublesome as they’ll question the validity and have more grounds to void the contract that way.

This is the same thing as trusting your Human Resources department. You need to protect yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad