Value of: Scoring Winger to the Kings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Martin Kaut, 22 year old RW and scorer of 16 points in 20 AHL games last season. He has 2 years of his ELC and waiver exemption remaining.

What pieces would you consider moving? Kempe or Iafallo as over 24's? Kupari or Fagemo as prospect swaps?

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Send back your 6th-to-10th best prospect and a mid round pick, and we'll be cool.

giphy.gif
Shoulder looks fine in this promo at least

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Kings are more or less in need of a scoring winger for the time after Kopitar/Brown

Keyword is "scoring". I am not too much interested in work horses or defensive oriented players since we have them a bunch

Only condition would be our return player/s would be from the 24 or older group.
Beside that, no picks or players are off the table.

If a winger in the 19-22 age range is available, our age group under 24 years old would open up as well.

Let's do it boys

I dunno, maybe give Kaliyev a proper shot on the roster!

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Laine for Turcotte base seems like a good trade for both teams.
Absolute no from LA. Turcotte is not available.

The Kings aren't threatening anything until the kids get some experience, and by then they will likely have shifted Vilardi and Turcotte to the wing to go along with Kaliyev and Fagemo. Its not likely to be an area of weakness when they are ready to challenge, and sacrificing any of their top prospects for anyone from the toy aisle right now is counterproductive.

The most likely scenario is a big free agency splash in the next summer or two, with Forsberg being the likely candidate if he reaches the summer without an extension.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Martin Kaut, 22 year old RW and scorer of 16 points in 20 AHL games last season. He has 2 years of his ELC and waiver exemption remaining.

What pieces would you consider moving? Kempe or Iafallo as over 24's? Kupari or Fagemo as prospect swaps?

I would be fine with Iafallo i guess, Kaut is not coming for free.
Kupari and Fagemo are the players i would like to keep.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I dunno, maybe give Kaliyev a proper shot on the roster!

Maybe i should be more specific.
Kaliev is not to be overlooked or traded away orsomething. I consider him a huge part of our future success.
My approach to all that is that we field 30+ goal scoring wingers on the 1st and 2nd line.
Kaliev and Fagemo look very promising to do exactly that and Simontaival is red hot right now.
I also see something special in Aatu Jamsen despite not many people don't even know who he is.
If we can add 2 more 30 goal scoring wingers we will be golden.
This would give us the chance to field even 3 high scoring lines

Something like

Kaliev - Byfield - ???
Fagemo - Vilardi - ???
Jamsen - Turcotte - Simontaval
Lee - Helenius - Kempe

High end prospects available for trade would be in this case
Kupari, Madden, Pinelli, Thomas, Chromiak. Each of them would be top 3 prospect on every other team

Last edited:

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Yea don’t think madden would get it done. Krav has size and high end skill. madden is on the smaller side, but I don’t see him as being a 2C. More of a 3C.
odds are Rangers would want Villardi/Kupari. Krav still holds a lot of value to us

I absolutely see your point.
But i didn't see enough of Kravtsov, especially scoring 4 points to justify a Vilardi or Kupari trade.
Thomas on the other hand is slightly taller than Madden.
Would you be willing to throw in a sweetener if i offer Madden+Thomas for Kravtsov?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kings are more or less in need of a scoring winger for the time after Kopitar/Brown

Keyword is "scoring". I am not too much interested in work horses or defensive oriented players since we have them a bunch

Only condition would be our return player/s would be from the 24 or older group.
Beside that, no picks or players are off the table.

If a winger in the 19-22 age range is available, our age group under 24 years old would open up as well.

Let's do it boys

If Kravtsov doesn’t get top 9 minutes this year, I can see him wanting a trade to try and start fresh with a new organization.
With kreider/Laf moving to RW and Kakko on second line looking very good in preseason/camp so far I can see Kravtsov getting pissed if he’s not the type of RW Gallant wants on his 3rd line.
He’s progressed pretty well and looks good, but he’s not going to get a PP opportunity with any significance and like I said there are a lot of options I NY right now on the wings.
Maybe Kravtsov and/or 1 of our D prospects for a Young center could have some potential???

on a side note, how has Lias and Lemmy looked for you guys?
Odds are Lemmy will be a full time 4th liner for ya, but has lias progressed or is he an odd man out???
I think Lemieux can be a damn good 4th liner for the kings if your coach doesn’t neuter his playing style like Quinn did.

Kravtsov looks like a gamble to me. Not in a bad way though.
Maybe Madden vs Kravtsov would be a 1vs1 trade we could agree on
I would like to keep it simple and not including too many other players just for the sake of trading

Yea don’t think madden would get it done. Krav has size and high end skill. madden is on the smaller side, but I don’t see him as being a 2C. More of a 3C.
odds are Rangers would want Villardi/Kupari. Krav still holds a lot of value to us

I absolutely see your point.
But i didn't see enough of Kravtsov, especially scoring 4 points to justify a Vilardi or Kupari trade.
Thomas on the other hand is slightly taller than Madden.
Would you be willing to throw in a sweetener if i offer Madden+Thomas for Kravtsov?

Kravtsov is off the table.
We are not interested in a lateral coke for pepsi at best
and are not open to 2 lesser pieces for him.

Sometimes you need depth and you go quantity, other times you don't b'c you need best possible pieces. Teams that are in dif places at dif times have dif needs at a given time,

NY has Zib who fits OP and adds pivot depth to boot.
Lack of term and annual new salary can be an issue
but

if Zib told honestly we can't afford what you deserve, let's do 4-5 yrs at 10.5 but no nmc and limited trade protection, NY can then

flip w/1.5 retention to SEA = 9
who can then flip to LA = 8 per

Now, for all that, Zib decent term w/retention,

SEA has to get Kaliev + 2 other prospects + 2 1st round picks from LA
SEA has to get Strome, Reunanen, Georgiev and NYR 1st from Rangers
and
NY has to get Villardi + Beniers

NY can look at Villardi + Miller + ___________ for Sanderson

something like that

while this is not instant gratification w/Beniers and Sanderson having immediate commitments, it does diffuse certain log jams and helps w/long term cap mgmt

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Maybe i should be more specific.
Kaliev is not to be overlooked or traded away orsomething. I consider him a huge part of our future success.
My approach to all that is that we field 30+ goal scoring wingers on the 1st and 2nd line.
Kaliev and Fagemo look very promising to do exactly that and Simontaival is red hot right now.
I also see something special in Aatu Jamsen despite not many people don't even know who he is.
If we can add 2 more 30 goal scoring wingers we will be golden.
This would give us the chance to field even 3 high scoring lines

Something like

Kaliev - Byfield - ???
Fagemo - Vilardi - ???
Jamsen - Turcotte - Simontaval
Lee - Helenius - Kempe

High end prospects available for trade would be in this case
Kupari, Madden, Pinelli, Thomas, Chromiak. Each of them would be top 3 prospect on every other team

Phillip. Danault.

Reactions: MNRube

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I’d probably wait a year or two and see how Kaliyev looks. Perhaps I’m higher on him than most, but I think he has 40 goal scoring upside in the NHL if he manages to iron out some kinks in his game.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Kravtsov is off the table.
We are not interested in a lateral coke for pepsi at best

and are not open to 2 lesser pieces for him.

Sometimes you need depth and you go quantity, other times you don't b'c you need best possible pieces. Teams that are in dif places at dif times have dif needs at a given time,

NY has Zib who fits OP and adds pivot depth to boot.
Lack of term and annual new salary can be an issue
but

if Zib told honestly we can't afford what you deserve, let's do 4-5 yrs at 10.5 but no nmc and limited trade protection, NY can then

flip w/1.5 retention to SEA = 9
who can then flip to LA = 8 per

Now, for all that, Zib decent term w/retention,

SEA has to get Kaliev + 2 other prospects + 2 1st round picks from LA
SEA has to get Strome, Reunanen, Georgiev and NYR 1st from Rangers
and
NY has to get Villardi + Beniers

NY can look at Villardi + Miller + ___________ for Sanderson

something like that

while this is not instant gratification w/Beniers and Sanderson having immediate commitments, it does diffuse certain log jams and helps w/long term cap mgmt

I have literally no idea what all this means
Why am i looking at a Seattle - Rangers trade flipping 8 and 9 and whatever and why and for who do i give up Kaliev, Vilardi and 2 1strounders?
The whole reason for a trade is to add a player to play with Kaliev and Vilardi.

A fellow Rangers guy offered Kravtsov and asked for Villardi or Kupari.
Wouldn't a simple no be enough instead writing a wall of nonsense?

Reactions: kilowatt

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Phillip. Danault.

Is not in any future plans same as Kopitar, Brown, Quick and Doughty.
Their days are counted and i look straight forward.

Our youngsters are still 3-4 years away from competing until then the former glory guys can get us some nice low draft picks

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Is not in any future plans same as Kopitar, Brown, Quick and Doughty.
Their days are counted and i look straight forward.

Our youngsters are still 3-4 years away from competing until then the former glory guys can get us some nice low draft picks

Even by your usual standards, that’s a hot take ya got there.

Carry on.

Reactions: go4hockey

LombardiTool

Jun 20, 2006
Fontana, Ca
www.glendoraemc.com
I think trading away any assets for something other than a defenseman right now is counter productive and not part of the plan. This rebuild has gone on now for several years. We now have viable prospects close to coming up. It seems you are worried about several years down the line. Let the plan play out before making a trade.

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
Watch Columbus exit this rebuild faster than L.A.

I think they'd consider trading Laine but probably ask when he hasn't just torched the opposition the last few games. A little too hot right now.

If the Kings want a less expensive piece - the Jackets are indeed overflowing with wingers.

Emil Bemstrom - 22 year old recent SHL goal scoring champion - scored a hat trick in his last NHL game too. But he's battling with a lot of guys and still has a lot of inconsistency in his game. They want to make space for Chinakhov among others. I imagine a pair of 2nd rounders would get it done.

Gregory Hofmann is a 28 year old that they finally managed to get out of Switzerland. He looks like he could play a decent complementary winger role. No need for him in Columbus though, so even a 5th rounder might get him.

to be fair it was against the redwings haha

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I have literally no idea what all this means
Why am i looking at a Seattle - Rangers trade flipping 8 and 9 and whatever and why and for who do i give up Kaliev, Vilardi and 2 1strounders?
The whole reason for a trade is to add a player to play with Kaliev and Vilardi.

A fellow Rangers guy offered Kravtsov and asked for Villardi or Kupari.
Wouldn't a simple no be enough instead writing a wall of nonsense?

1. not nonsense
2. will detail for you Sun/Mon when I have time
3. not interested in Krav to LA
4. idea is for a max value retained Zib extended like 4-5 yrs to LA for truckload

SEA gets lots of stuff
Rangers get Beniers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad