Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Now that you started discussion about that first goal, I have been thinking about it and it does not make sense at all. It so strange we have a guy who has been most responsible backchecker from the game one he came into the league. Everyone who have watched him knows this, he always skates to his own end at full speed to the point it was annoying. He is known widely for this, the most discipline responsible guy out there, heck he even gets two selke for being THAT guy.

Then at the most crucial moment in a clinching game at home, he just suddenly quits. This does not make sense slightest bit, what the hell is going on!

That was exactly my point.

The only reason for this is that he's playing hurt. And it's really concerning because we'll need him at 100% to win this.

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
That was exactly my point.

The only reason for this is that he's playing hurt. And it's really concerning because we'll need him at 100% to win this.

there is another reason too and its much more sinister, ask yourself does playing hurt reduces your effort too

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
We will see what this Florida team is made of tomororow night. Panthers need to set the tone right from puck drop and play the game of their lives. We all know that the Brown-Henrique-Janmark line is going to again start the game for the Oilers. They set the tone for the Oilers the last 2 games. Maurice needs to find a way to counter this. Maybe start the game with Lomberg-Stenlund-Cousins.

Reactions: harv33173

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
ultimately they just need to not make dumbass mistakes 24/7
half of them are unforced too.

Just last game they gave up a 2-1 while on the pp, what do they do next? Monty floats a terrible pass that gets intercepted for a shorty goal.

Then on mcdavids goal, one person is in the offensive zone, the rest doing f-all, then possession switches and goes back to the defensive zone and.... NOONE IS THERE, how is everyone not in either zone?

Doesnt help that on both goals they were somewhat stoppable, especially the second one. I hope bob isnt injured from monty slammed into him and/or hope his nerves arent completely shattered.

They finally did the line change weve been begging them to make during the 8-1 game, and then started to hit the oilers. Then oilers look discombobulated and made unforced errors. Not sure why we got away from that, or why we didnt at least experiment during that 8-1 blowout, and only waiting till we were down 3-0 the next game. Terrible decisions, not really sure what was going through the coaches staffs' minds. 8-1 still pisses me off, and pisses me off even more it didnt bother them to do a single thing about it.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Not sure if Maurice's calm and relaxed demeanor in this press conference is a good sign or if he's just playing mental games and pretending his team isn't under an enormous amount of pressure right now.

Reactions: harv33173

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
So now the real pressure is applied and this time on the Oilers. If the Cats are not fatigued they have been great on the road and they now know the hostile environment they will deal with.

They don’t have to win they don’t need to win. This feeling should get us back on keel and play Panthers hockey. I have not predicted any game since the second one because we had not seen their best now we have and that collective information now gives us exactly everything we need to know.

Panthers win game 6

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Lets hope Maurice starts Cousins-Stenlund-Lomberg on the opening shift. Hopefully they can match Brown and Janmark for energy. Brown and Janmark have been big factors in the Oilers swinging the momentum and Florida needs to match it.

Montour should have been taken off the #1PP two games ago. Why not have 2 dmen on the point? It's not like the PP is lighting it up. But that SH goal by Brown in Game 5 was a backbreaker. That likely wouldn't have happened if two dmen were on the point on the PP.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I just found out why we've started losing..

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
I'm legit wanting two defensemen on the powerplay. Put OEL and Forsling back there. I don't care which forward has to come out as a result, they're doing nothing anyway.
This is where I'm at. 13 and 12 aren't doing much on the PP. Not that we would take 13 out of it, but having two Dmen just so we can control play and wear them out is miles better than what we have been doing

Reactions: Vilam

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Wow Zito was one angry young man. Hopefully Panthers players saw him firing that water bottle into the room. He sees the lack of effort the stupid mistakes.

Reactions: Mellanby27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad