Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
I mean, McDavid doesn’t play on the PK and we’ve giving up 2 start each game. That shot from McDavid could’ve been from anyone to beat Bob with such a shit goal. We could’ve maybe won 3-2 if it weren’t for those 2 backbreakers. But it’s in the past now. Just have to dig deep and persevere. There’s no other way around it. Draw a line on the sand (ice) whatever you wanna call it. Enough is enough have some pride for that jersey.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
448692649_486641237059116_6371628819397366581_n.jpg

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Game 7 is almost a guarantee at this point. Lots to take away from the last two games.

Biggest things:

Our fourth line can't see the ice any more. i know it sucks for the top 9, but Stenlund is the only guy who should be mixed in. They ice the puck constantly with Kuli+OEL on and get hammered for 1-2 minutes after a few times per game it feels like. It has to stop.

Montour has to be off PP1. If we're not going to score, fine. They do have a good PK. But we cannot bleed goals/chances. We need to get Skinner moving and tire them out. Put 42 on the PP1 just to have a calm presence back there.

Reinhart looks awful. Timid. He can't shake coverage. At 5 on 5 he's fine, but on PP1 he has been figured out. Move the guys around.

Line 3 still looks good, as does line 2 with E Rod.

19 had his come to Jesus moment yesterday. If MT stays hot, it will be huge.

Bob played OK. One terrible goal, but after an 8-1 pulling of Bob I was very worried. He can steal a game.

Just so fascinating to me. We played them so well for 2/3 games. Now they are doing to us what we did to them. PoMo needs to get this team to wake up.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Game 7 is almost a guarantee at this point. Lots to take away from the last two games.

Biggest things:

Our fourth line can't see the ice any more. i know it sucks for the top 9, but Stenlund is the only guy who should be mixed in. They ice the puck constantly with Kuli+OEL on and get hammered for 1-2 minutes after a few times per game it feels like. It has to stop.

Montour has to be off PP1. If we're not going to score, fine. They do have a good PK. But we cannot bleed goals/chances. We need to get Skinner moving and tire them out. Put 42 on the PP1 just to have a calm presence back there.

Reinhart looks awful. Timid. He can't shake coverage. At 5 on 5 he's fine, but on PP1 he has been figured out. Move the guys around.

Line 3 still looks good, as does line 2 with E Rod.

19 had his come to Jesus moment yesterday. If MT stays hot, it will be huge.

Bob played OK. One terrible goal, but after an 8-1 pulling of Bob I was very worried. He can steal a game.

Just so fascinating to me. We played them so well for 2/3 games. Now they are doing to us what we did to them. PoMo needs to get this team to wake up.
PP is an issue: I'm hopeful OEL ends the short-handed goals allowed streak. In general, I'd prefer starting our 2nd PP...there's more movement there. Without that shorty, the game would have been different.

3rd line+2nd were good last night. 1st line needs to generate chances again.

The issue with the 4th is Okposo's endurance and speed; I'd prefer Cousins there.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
What I really see the last two games is Edmonton beating us at our own game. Getting to the puck faster than us, winning more board battles, controlling the puck, successfully defending the blue line. It's got less to with Bobrovsky and more to do with the execution of the little things. Panthers need to come back around and win the game within the game in order to have a successful Game 6.
Thing that pissed me off the most in the first period was watching an outnumbered Oiler go into a board battle and come out with the puck. Very telling, imo, that’s usually what the Panthers do. Wake the f*** up, stop the stupid shit you haven’t been doing all year until now, and find a way to win the next game!! Fukkkkkkk!!!

Reactions: IceManCat

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Agreed, have you ever been here. No one is coming willingly UNLESS dragged.
And it’s just a way of saying to make them make a trip that they’d rather not have to make. Whether the destination was Honolulu or Edmonton, it’s a trip FL would rather have not had to make. Simple as that, there was no Edmonton dig hidden in there.
This Click bait world is having shitty effects on people’s thinking....

Reactions: Vilam

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021
This series is still winnable even with how disappointing the last two games have been.

Game 5 was decided by another short handed goal and maybe the worst Stanley cup final goal scored since Patrick Kane beat Michael Leighton to win it.

Skinner is beatable and we proved that in this game.

Kompon has to be shown the door and let someone else make decisions about the power play. If it’s me I would just roll lines 1-3 with two defenseman like we don’t even have a power play.

The Oilers are still playing Nurse and Ceci for 17 minutes a night and we need to make them pay for that.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
PP is an issue: I'm hopeful OEL ends the short-handed goals allowed streak. In general, I'd prefer starting our 2nd PP...there's more movement there. Without that shorty, the game would have been different.

3rd line+2nd were good last night. 1st line needs to generate chances again.

The issue with the 4th is Okposo's endurance and speed; I'd prefer Cousins there.
Okposo has run his course. Everyone loves him, but this team was better before acquiring him. Put Cousins back in and let’s go play Panthers hockey and find a way to earn one more W. (This is not an attack on Okposo, is just how I’ve seen it all along). They win with Okposo in the lineup, so what, him being in there isn’t why they won. Time to sit him and get back to more of what got them here. No one can argue that things look differently lately, idk what exactly, but they are off, and it is noticeable.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Random thought…

But I was just watching a TV show and they showed last game highlights.

I didn’t really notice yesterday, but is it me or Barkov got badly beat on the first goal? Of course, it was Montour’s mistake in the first place, but Barkov should have recovered it easily…no?

I just watched the replay 5-6 times and I can’t believe Barkov didn’t got it or at least didn’t try more. It wasn’t a 100% Barkov there…Concerning?…

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Honestly, the last 2 games, the team just hasnt put Edmonton in a situation where they can feel elimination is coming up against them.

For two straight games we gifted them short handed goals to start. We then followed it up with deflated play and them scoring again. When you have a team up against it, the last thing we want is for them to play with comfort. We did not even get another shot after the short handed goal. That is not how you make a team up against it to feel pressure.

Especially tomorrow with the crowd behind them, we absolutely cannot give up the first goal. Get a lead or keep it even. Make Edmonton feel elimination.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Random thought…

But I was just watching a TV show and they showed last game highlights.

I didn’t really notice yesterday, but is it me or Barkov got badly beat on the first goal? Of course, it was Montour’s mistake in the first place, but Barkov should have recovered it easily…no?

I just watched the replay 5-6 times and I can’t believe Barkov didn’t got it or at least didn’t try more. It wasn’t a 100% Barkov there…Concerning?…
Barkov sold his soul trying to bat the puck to Bob and it wasn’t even close.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It was a lazy play and Barkov is certainly not a lazy player. And he wasn’t at the end of a shift.

So it makes me believe that something is wrong.
I think the backcheck was lazy but I really believe he tried to fling that puck down to Bob and whiffed it. The whole play starts with Montour being a moron though.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
It was a lazy play and Barkov is certainly not a lazy player. And he wasn’t at the end of a shift.

So it makes me believe that something is wrong.
Not Barky's fault at all. He is STANDING at the blue line waiting for Monty's pass. Brown comes to the blueline already with speed breaking up the pass. While Barky had to start skating from a dead stop, Brown - who is a fast skater - has the needed forward momentum that gives him the needed advantage and positioning. It looks bad for Barky but hardly anything he can do, all on Monty, and a bit on Bob.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
While we are on the topic of Barkov, he wasn't really noticeable last night other than the start of the game that setup Ekblad's chance. He needs to produce especially since the Oilers seem to be avoiding the McDavid/Barkov matchup

If both Barkov and Tkachuk can get going at the same time, I like our chances. The fact that we were 3-0 when Tkachuk was a -4 and had a point in 4 games is encouraging. Now we just need a bit more of the team to produce.

Last edited:

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
Now that you started discussion about that first goal, I have been thinking about it and it does not make sense at all. It so strange we have a guy who has been most responsible backchecker from the game one he came into the league. Everyone who have watched him knows this, he always skates to his own end at full speed to the point it was annoying. He is known widely for this, the most discipline responsible guy out there, heck he even gets two selke for being THAT guy.

Then at the most crucial moment in a clinching game at home, he just suddenly quits. This does not make sense slightest bit, what the hell is going on!

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad