• GT0ca03WIAAoAhP.jpeg
    GT0ca03WIAAoAhP.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Necrobutcher

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I went to 1 minute and 17 seconds and listened to about a minute of it. I don't know how people can listen to 2 hours of these guys without wanting to start shooting people.

Just listen to the interviews. I find most podcasts annoying, but think these guys do interesting interviews most of the time. Skip most of the other stuff unless it's easy to find the actual content, sometimes they'll have interesting nuggets hidden in the pre-interview portion, but it's too much of a slog to go through.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

1:17

Edit

boys, this interview is an all-timer. I actually love this.

He says he’s training now in the off season but didn’t really used to do that… (you knew I’d pick that gem out of there!)

<I’m vindicated, I can’t remember who was arguing against me but there it is>

Agree though, that’s a really good interview, get in shape Ek and stay a Panther!

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He says he’s training now in the off season but didn’t really used to do that… (you knew I’d pick that gem out of there!)

Agree though, that’s a really good interview, get in shape Ek and stay a Panther!
Also very obvious to me how valuable Benny is for the team. When they say intangibles, Benny is him

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
This was actually good, I wonder if anyone will ever get to Barkov's house.
No idea but Barky definitely not only got into but took over Messier and Levy’s kitchens and kicked them out while he was at it. To use their language.

It was delightful.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

DEPTH!

It is still there too, which is why we have a decent shot to repeat. I believe this team will make at least 1 more trip to the FInals over the next few seasons, with Zito at the helm, and more money to fill out the roster eventually.

That Barkov day was weird. Even though I had ZERO clue what they were saying or doing, it was cool to see Barkov as a man-child when he was younger.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
This was actually good, I wonder if anyone will ever get to Barkov's house.

I agree - I listened to it without any great expectations given how annoying the presenters were, but it was a refreshingly honest interview with Ekblad - not at all the canned responses you normally get. I imagine Panthers PR probably wouldn't be all that happy with him talk about Bennett's "dirty hits" and describing their style of hockey as "boring", but it made me laugh.

And yes, poor Ekblad needs to be invited over to Barkov's place - NINE YEARS is a long time to wait! Completely agree that Barky is just one of those perfect people though [sigh]...

Reactions: Idiot Stick

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

False… He was talking about nutrition and rest.

Which is part of the training of a pro of course… But I find your comment misleading for those who won’t listen to the whole interview.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
False… He was talking about nutrition and rest.

Which is part of the training of a pro of course… But I find your comment misleading for those who won’t listen to the whole interview.
Sorry bud, he did mention training as well. Maybe you didn’t listen to it?

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

All he said was he's gonna eat and train more professionally than he did during the first half of his career which is pretty common for a lot of young kids, especially when he started in the league. Things are different as you approach 30 as most of this board knows, gotta treat your body differently. Doesn't mean he didn't train in the off season previously...

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site

Pretty sure the comment was about his nutrition and taking care of his body, which was resume after by « training »…

And sorry bro, I wasn’t THE one who argued about Ekblad’s training with you hehe… I may have chimed a couple of times to say it was ridiculous to state that the kid « DIDN’T TRAIN AT ALL » though ! :P

But I think Aaron never reached his full-potential because of injuries AND his lack of training to expand his game… But he didn’t just eat chips and drink Coke every summer from 18 to 25.

That can’t be true IMO.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
All he said was he's gonna eat and train more professionally than he did during the first half of his career which is pretty common for a lot of young kids, especially when he started in the league. Things are different as you approach 30 as most of this board knows, gotta treat your body differently. Doesn't mean he didn't train in the off season previously...
Thanks for confirming what I had stated.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Pretty sure the comment was about his nutrition and taking care of his body, which was resume after by « training »…

And sorry bro, I wasn’t THE one who argued about Ekblad’s training with you hehe… I may have chimed a couple of times to say it was ridiculous to state that the kid « DIDN’T TRAIN AT ALL » though ! :P

But I think Aaron never reached his full-potential because of injuries AND his lack of training to expand his game… But he didn’t just eat chips and drink Coke every summer from 18 to 25.

That can’t be true IMO.
I never argued that he was a fat chips/coke/beer dude. I argued that he didn’t train as seriously as others did. (Particularly on his skating.)

If he had, maybe he avoids some injuries. And maybe he’d be in a better spot now to negotiate.

IMO he’s got more pure skill than anyone else on our D, Forsling included. That’s why it’s a shame it took him a number of years to train 100% seriously in the off season.

In the video he at least partially admits what I just stated. At the very least, he didn’t train as seriously as he could have. So he didn’t keep up with the Joneses and the McKinnons. I wish he had.

Reactions: BabyBennettov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad