Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Flashback to Monday about Stanley Cup o’clock: a fairly typical Bruins board opinion

IMG_0297.jpeg

VerhaegheAintAverage

Verhaeghe did Verhaeghe things!
Jul 23, 2009
Vergyshire, UK
I didn’t tweet this but I share the same sentiment. I still think it’s crazy having Kuli back after all these years and winning a cup with him. I was a junior in high school/17 when we drafted him and now I’m 32, almost half my lifetime ago.
View attachment 889561
I love this. I remember staying up really late to see us draft him and never understood why I remember that late night over all the others. I must have known something...

Last edited:

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021

The Panthers, aside from a passing mention on ESPN, were not mentioned by team executives throughout the draft.

“No one likes us,” general manager Bill Zito joked at the end of the draft Saturday afternoon. “Is there any Canadian media here? I’m just kidding.’’

Full article:

Zitos body language when asked about guys who have a year left on their deals like Verhaeghe, Bennett, and Ekblad looked like he was sad/hiding something. Wouldn’t be surprised to to see any of those guys or even Bob/Knight gone after the parade. Would love to see them all stay but with the cap the way it is we would struggle to put out a good bottom six forwards and bottom 3 defense. Not to mention he might be get a good haul for guys like Vergaeghe, Bennett, and Knight to restock the team.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Zitos body language when asked about guys who have a year left on their deals like Verhaeghe, Bennett, and Ekblad looked like he was sad/hiding something. Wouldn’t be surprised to to see any of those guys or even Bob/Knight gone after the parade. Would love to see them all stay but with the cap the way it is we would struggle to put out a good bottom six forwards and bottom 3 defense. Not to mention he might be get a good haul for guys like Vergaeghe, Bennett, and Knight to restock the team.

I'd reckon that the hold up with filing the Panthers UFA signings is that they want to get Ekblad traded before potential buyers can take advantage of a situation where the Panthers are over the cap ceiling.

Zito is shifting the focus from keeping the current batch of players together to new or inexperienced guys taking a bigger role than they've accustomed to holding even though the reporters try to reel back again and again to the idea that this group has to stay together at all costs.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I wouldn't be super shocked if he moves Bennett. Lundell's pretty much ready to be a 2C and Bennett's gonna most likely walk anyway in a year and get a well earned big contract.
i dont see this, since Bennet and Chucky are best Buddys. And you want to stay them in great mood.

i would also be more interested what would bring us the Ekblad option, he has know a 10 Team list
and a Year rest on his Contract, better Physical Game, good for our Board battle. But showed more then once that his skating is D Class and Lower. Stumble and fall for me a bit to often for this kind of Hockey class.
His Injury History doesnt make it better, when we talk about future Panthers then we also have to watch. What doesnt it change in the Team and on the Ice, but for the Future Cats and Cap Situation a Option to watch.

And next thing how far is Mackie will he join this Team or make this Season an up and down calling or is giving some Year more to grow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad