Series Talk: SCFs Discussion - 2024 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
The Panthers team is not based on superstars though there are plenty of high round draft choices. Their ability to shut down every sharpshooter they have played is equally a hard fact.
Their talent in categories like Lundell, Forsling and Lusto from to bottom is considered the best in the NHL. Offensively they have all kinds of ways to beat you Their coaching is really top notch.
The goal keeping is on a very high level.
etc etc etc etc
Start naming the names and Zito has created a masterpiece picking up Tank and Rodriguez and a blueprint for getting a coach that is playoff centric. Teams going forward will be studying for years.
Good points. Zito did it without using LTIR tricks or giving up lots of picks (after learning his lesson) at TDL. He did it by signing up scrubs that others didn’t want. The list is long.

Oddly enough, had Ek and Monty not been hurt to start the season, we might not have OEL and Kuli and Mikkola… (at least not 2 of the 3).

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I have been following the Panthers since 1998 and I'm so happy for you guys. Just one win away from glory. The Panthers fans and franchise had to endure some really dark times and no one deserves a title more than you. Go for it! I'll be rooting for the Cats!

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Crazy how so many are saying we got outplayed this game. Aside from the pp, Oilers had pretty limited quality looks. Always a Panther jersey nearby. They had lots of zone time, but not a lot that was threatening.

It's all about what happened to the Oilers stars, why they aren't trying hard enough... As if they're playing against a bunch of pylons lol. This IS them trying hard. We're just flat out the better team. The world's best offensive player is being shut down by the world's best defensive player, not hard to understand.
We only got outplayed for very short time at the end of the third, .makes sense, "desperation" but in the first period, the Panthers were playing very relaxed almost borderline lackadaisical, what it was telling me was that the level of confidence was high.
Don't recall what period it was, but at times the Panthers had the Oilers resetting every time they tried to enter the zone, it was a masterclass.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
"If the Panthers had a bad goaltender and leaky defense, they wouldn't be in this position."

- pretty much exactly what I am reading in Oilerverse right now.

Yeah, they’re living in a different reality. They can snap their finger and teleport to their alternate reality after this series is over, nobody will miss them. Worse fan base on this board, by far.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I have been following the Panthers since 1998 and I'm so happy for you guys. Just one win away from glory. The Panthers fans and franchise had to endure some really dark times and no one deserves a title more than you. Go for it! I'll be rooting for the Cats!
Thanks for the encouragement but you’re UFO, therefore you’re an ET, therefore you already know what’s gonna happen.

Thanks for the advance congrats!

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL

Has anyone ever seen this article? I stumbled across it by googling my username, and it seems hilarious especially considering how this series has unfolded so far...

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017

Has anyone ever seen this article? I stumbled across it by googling my username, and it seems hilarious especially considering how this series has unfolded so far...

lmao what the f***?

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013

You guys are stars! Congrats!

Also, you guys are now on the no-fly list for being on a russian website. Congrats!

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Lol hold up.... I never said that! But I did think it....wtf

• Haha
Reactions: PSLguy

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
So, let's say Florida got swept out of the first round by TB. Bob has a dismal showing.

Is Bob is still a lock to get in ?
Winningest Russian goalie in league history, 2 Vezina's, a 3rd nomination, he would probably get in without the Cup, but this would cement it for sure, and maybe a Conn Smythe? That would end any talk of poor postseason performance that people still whisper about.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007

Hold it down, I am translating with ma' calculator thing, it's going slow.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
Bob is an easy Hall of Famer as of right this moment.

The HHoF has, in the last few years, realized that standards for goalies were utterly ludicrous, and has started letting goaltenders into the hall where they belong.

IMO, first ballot.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
The problem with Edmonton is they are not built for playoff hockey against the eastern teams that know how to close off zones similar to the Cats.
That’s what made Tampa Bay better I note the Washington Capitals last year.

Vegas just had giants for players they just literally pushed you out of lanes.

Dallas was the closest to doing that but Dallas underperformed in the conference finals.

Unfortunately for the Oilers they will have to change and it’s too late for that.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
When was the last time a mid 30s goaltender had such a turnaround btw? After being a top tier goalie with CBJ, Bob went from becoming statistically one of the worst goaltenders in the league and virtually everyone on these boards shitting on him for a few years, to regaining his status as an elite goalie, nominated for the vezina, and having 2 Conn Smythe worthy runs in a row, shedding the poor playoff reputation he had throughout his career.

I can't think of a more up and down goalie career in recent memory.

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
When was the last time a mid 30s goaltender had such a turnaround btw? After being a top tier goalie with CBJ, Bob went from becoming statistically one of the worst goaltenders in the league and virtually everyone on these boards shitting on him for a few years, to regaining his status as an elite goalie, nominated for the vezina, and having 2 Conn Smythe worthy runs in a row, shedding the poor playoff reputation he had throughout his career.

I can't think of a more up and down goalie career in recent memory.

It's really impressive that he's doing it in his mid 30s, yeah.

I don't know if you could say he's been extremely swingy so much as 'he had two consecutive awful years and then bounced back.' That's how it looks to me right now.

Reactions: MaWa and Felidae

VerhaegheAintAverage

Verhaeghe did Verhaeghe things!
Jul 23, 2009
Vergyshire, UK
The European Championships (of football/soccer, but also of lots of other things) have started and I was just thinking that in this year of a four-year cycle I'd be happy about there also being the Olympics immediately after, and making sure not to miss the tennis, and then the Tour de France, and then the Premier League will have started again...

In many of those years, hockey would not have been on the radar at this time, other than a glance at how the SCF was progressing between two teams I wasn't bothered about.

But this year...we're still in it, in the middle of JUNE!!?

shocked-surprised.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad