GDT: SCF | V | "Big Game Hunting" | Oilers @ Panthers | 5.18.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
That one isn't on Holloway. Everyone blew the zone despite seeing the ice help cause 5x more turnovers and failed outs than usual tonight. Our D should not be ahead of the winger ever in a game like this. Yes he should get it out but we've seen many routine plays tonight be fumbled due to poor ice conditions.

Keep Nurse and Ceci off the ice as much as possible. 20 minutes left then two full days of rest. Big boys can come out and play.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Guys look at Tom Wilson, Trouba, Matt Cooke, et al ad nauseum.

The NHL loves the dirty players. Like everything else in our society, I don't think they're worried about admitting anymore, just like they've all admitted the refs engage in game management.

Bennett is in a long line of players the NHL admires.

And I will admit for any non-Oilers fans lurking that Messier was one of them

Reactions: brentashton

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I wish Gagner could be inserted instead of Ryan. I guarantee he would have more of an impact

The difference is Gags doesn’t kill penalties anymore, and Ryan was one of our main 4 PKers in the regular season. KK has our bottom 6ers each playing a very defined role, and there isn’t much room for a guy who only provides secondary ES scoring (and I say that as someone who loves Gags)

Reactions: nabob

Lannes

May 5, 2024
Frankly lucky to escape there. Holloway's puck management has been brutal, and is an unfortunate hallmark of his game. Don't be stupid, get it out off the glass and at least to their blue at the very least. Handed them the momentum shift with the rat's goal. Be f***ing better, dude.

Nurse.. f***ing guy. Anyways, Knoblauch and Coffee and Stuart need to settle these guys down in the intermission. Get back to your game, stop puck watching, keep your defensive assignments and aggressive forecheck. Show some mettle and resilience and keep attacking.

At this point, its kind of on the coaching staff for following up a goal with Nurse. He's the reverse McDavid. You can't stop him from f***ing up, you can only hope to contain him.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
That one isn't on Holloway. Everyone blew the zone despite seeing the ice help cause 5x more turnovers and failed outs than usual tonight. Our D should not be ahead of the winger ever in a game like this. Yes he should get it out but we've seen many routine plays tonight be fumbled due to poor ice conditions.

Keep Nurse and Ceci off the ice as much as possible. 20 minutes left then two full days of rest. Big boys can come out and play.
Yeah, it takes a village. Everyone blew the zone because they thought Holloway was going to get rid of it

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Holloway getting crucified for the play but Bouch flying the zone there is by far the biggest screw up.

Reactions: brentashton

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
He's been poor, and needs to show better for sure. Mishandled the puck numerous times, some low percentage pass attempts... come on man, you were lights out earlier on. This team needs everyone pulling.
But his past performances in the playoffs show he tends to show up in big occasions, so I wonder just how many injuries he has right now

Reactions: Duke74

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
At this point, its kind of on the coaching staff for following up a goal with Nurse. He's the reverse McDavid. You can't stop him from f***ing up, you can only hope to contain him.
Guy just makes it hard for himself and all the linemates on the ice with him. I'm in full agreement with all of his NHL peers who voted him as one of the most overrated players.

But his past performances in the playoffs show he tends to show up in big occasions, so I wonder just how many injuries he has right now
It doesn't look like he's nursing anything, just mentally making some poor choices out there.

Reactions: Lannes

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Cmon boys. Huge period here. We have them on the ropes. Play your best game!

Stay solid! Stay smart! Execute and finish!

Reactions: The Nuge

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’m visiting my daughters in Ft Sask on Friday.

We will be at the Bears Den watching Game 6. Guaranteed

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Holloway please, simplify a bit for this period. Pucks out of your own end and just eat it in the offensive zone a bit if you have to.

Reactions: Shizuka
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad