GDT: SCF | IV | "What Do We Say To The Gord of Death?" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 6.15.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Fans of a rabid hockey market up 8-1 with their teams season on the line shouldn’t cheer or be happy for their teams effort.

Just lol

What does my post have to do with the fans? I was talking about professional broadcasters who can't control their bias lol

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oh, you must, must you?

Those goals that wouldn't normally go in normally go in. It's the odd man rushes and shots up high that they weren't getting in previous games that go in. That's their game, and they finally got it back tonight.

Will it continue? Who knows?
The game of inches.. it went Oilers way all the way.. FLA forwards and the posts made Skinner look better than Bobrovski

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Part of me wonders if Bob got injured on that crazy Montour dive on that SHG and did not say anything and decided to keep playing. His movement looked terrible after that

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
11:02 at night and it's still daylight in Edmonton? Is this an Arctic Circle kind of thing where the Sun doesn't set at this time of year? Weird.

It’s 9:15 in Edmonton right now, it doesn’t get dark until about 10:30 this time of year. It’s pretty awesome in the summer but you get the reverse in the winter and it’s dark by 4:30 😂

Reactions: AT14C

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Fans of a rabid hockey market up 8-1 with their teams season on the line shouldn’t cheer or be happy for their teams effort.

Just lol
I think it was more of a dig on CBC/SN and not Oilers fans..
They stopped the commentary and just played arena noise for over a minute

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Florida still has three set point left, Im surprised about score but still not worried
They started instigating after the whistle stuff and mailed it in after they started poorly in the second period. After that the game was out of reach and a power play was going on for one side or another. Skinner made some great saves and the cats kind of lost their composure when they got down too many. I think they will be fine in game 5.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Just lol
So many of these types of comments lol. Just cope I guess but very strange to shit on fans/players being excited for scoring/winning in the SCF.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary
It was on before the game. I was watching it. No commentary, no analysis. Wouldn't be like that if the Leafs were playing I can say that much..
I'm with you. CBC has quite intentionally modelled their future on putting NHL hockey into the background. That started years ago with their relinquishing of rights to HNIC,. To those paying attention, it has been obvious.
You could be right about things being different if it was the Leafs in SCF, but that premise is so outlandish it belongs in a Ray Bradbury novel ;)

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The Bobrovsky dam was going to break eventually. We will see if he can close it back up for game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad