Sergei Bobrovsky is now a HHOF lock

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
This guy is like a book. Just does the splits anytime a guy comes in lol. Oilers fluked a few above his pad/below his blocker though

I can see McDavid coming in and faking blocker and going high glove on a breakaway

• Haha
Reactions: Slapshot_11

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Bob cost his team the game in Game 5 but he played well in Game 6. He was just left out to dry. Oilers have Bob moving post to post and now they can score on him. This is how you beat any goalie. In the first 3 games, the Panthers weren't allowing those cross ice passes or any odd man rushes. I have a feeling Bob is injured when Montour his own player well on him in Game 3....(Think it was Montour?)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
HFBOARDS constantly lives up to its reputation.

Less than a week ago Bobrovsky was a god and Mcdavid was a fraud.
A more what have you done for me right now place you won't find.

He's the best coach ever he's the worst coach ever, he is the greatest player/defenseman of all time because he is the best right now until he isn't. ETC,ETC,ETC.

Changes by the year, month and sometimes by the day.

pekka55

Dec 21, 2023
Luongo choked in the finals and is in the HHOF so why not Bob?
Bob is choking two years in a row, that's not good.

Bob's problem is that he's so f***ing inconsistent. From day to day, week to week, month to month you never know which Bob you'll get. The vezina Bob or the really bottom of the barrel Bob.

I mean I like they guy, but without at least 1 cup I personally wouldn't put him into the HOF.

Reactions: CashMash

Scema12

Oct 7, 2015
Lets be honest, is this really bobs fault. I'm not saying skinner isn't playing amazing, but those giveaways and 2 on 1's and breakaways given up by florida weren't even close to what oilers gave up to florida. I feel like hes been left out to dry the last 3 games.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
Bob's hall of fame got canceled. Rask could never shake off his choker label, but this will be ten times worse. This is a career defining failure for him and many others on the Panthers team, including Paul Maurice. The coach who just couldn't adapt. Couldn't get his guys fired up. Couldn't get it done with 4 match balls.

Reactions: pekka55 and dwdl21

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Luongo choked in the finals and is in the HHOF so why not Bob?

Luongo was consistently good in the playoffs outside of that series, so it‘s hard to hold one rough series against him. Bob is consistently garbage in the playoffs.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Bob is consistently inconsistent. THAT is going to be his undoing when it comes to the HOF. Two Vezinas but he’s been unseated multiple times in his career. Look at other HOF tenders and that wasn’t a conversation, let alone actually happening.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Luongo was consistently good in the playoffs outside of that series, so it‘s hard to hold one rough series against him. Bob is consistently garbage in the playoffs.
Luongo also had two 1-0 shutouts in those finals, with Thomas also having two shutouts... so that's a minimum ask of 4 shutouts for your goalie.

IMO much like this series the Canucks only ever go up in that series and only get to game 7 because of Luongo, even if his numbers ended up bad by the end.

Reactions: Czechboy

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I watched the games, they weren't all great chances.

Additionally it's the Cup Finals, you're going to face the most high risk shots against there then any other round. HOF quality goalies step up and make saves. Bob doesn't
Guess you didn’t watch games 1-3. The difference in shot quality for Skinner and Bob in games 4-6 is massive. But don’t let that get in the way of you “watching” lmao.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Luongo teaching Bobrovsky the art of winning a ton of money gambling against oneself.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Bobrovsky

Bobrovsky has over 400 wins in much fewer games and 2 Vezinas compared to Luongo's 0. I don't think Luongo should be in the HHOF but since he's in so should Bobrovsky.
Luongo was robbed of atleast one or two Vezina.

Prime Luongo is much more consistent and just a better overall player than Prime or Current Bobrovsky. I am rooting for Bobrovsky to get the win here in Game 7, but you are underrating Luongo here.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Bob cost his team the game in Game 5 but he played well in Game 6. He was just left out to dry. Oilers have Bob moving post to post and now they can score on him. This is how you beat any goalie. In the first 3 games, the Panthers weren't allowing those cross ice passes or any odd man rushes. I have a feeling Bob is injured when Montour his own player well on him in Game 3....(Think it was Montour?)
Well that's just not true.

Reactions: Clint

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad