GDT: SCF | IV | "What Do We Say To The Gord of Death?" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 6.15.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I'll be surprised if FLA doesn't close this out. Especially if they get the first one. They are the better team.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
IMG_9023.jpeg

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Reaching the Finals is a big accomplishment, not the same as winning the Stanley Cup obviously but still very respectable. Can’t have the “he hasn’t made it past the 2nd round!” McDrai have put up historic numbers these playoffs, critics can no longer say they can’t produce in the playoffs, McDavid is behind only Lemieux & Gretzky in playoff points which is a remarkable achievement. However getting swept in the finals will be brought up and diminish their solid season, they need to win a game here or the McDavid crying with a broom memes are going to be back in full effect.
The one positive thing that will come out of this if the Oilers do get swept is that the McDavid vs Crosby threads will immediately cease.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Reaching the Finals is a big accomplishment, not the same as winning the Stanley Cup obviously but still very respectable. Can’t have the “he hasn’t made it past the 2nd round!” McDrai have put up historic numbers these playoffs, critics can no longer say they can’t produce in the playoffs, McDavid is behind only Lemieux & Gretzky in playoff points which is a remarkable achievement. However getting swept in the finals will be brought up and diminish their solid season, they need to win a game here or the McDavid crying with a broom memes are going to be back in full effect.
Maybe the Oilers are next years Panthers, like how Panthers almost got swept last year.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
The boomers have a nightmare with it

Don't want to derail thread, but one incredibly interesting thing I've noticed is that my dad's generation (actual boomers) are somehow better with computers than young people under 30. We're in for a wild ride, let me tell you that. Great news for the job security of Gen X and millennials in anything involving a workstation, though.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I don't usually say things like this, but mathematically I believe the odds of Edmonton winning 4 in a row against Florida are approximately zero.
Odds of them coming back are about equal to
-John Tavares tucking in under an Habs bedspread
Or
-Cher or Leonardo Decaprio dating someone their age.
-

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
The one positive thing that will come out of this if the Oilers do get swept is that the McDavid vs Crosby threads will immediately cease.
Yeah, but I think they'll eventually be back. McDavid is still in his prime and has many years left in him and more chances to win the Cup. Signed, a Panthers fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad