GDT: SCF | IV | "What Do We Say To The Gord of Death?" | Oilers vs. Panthers | 6.15.24 | 6:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I’ve literally said I disagree with the analytics and blamed Nurse for them. If the numbers even showed him being great I’d trust that and the eye test with the small sample.

But I wanna see it over like a 30-40 game span.
Broberg? Sure, but this is the f***ing finals and he's playing like a #3 defenseman in the Stanley Cup f***ing finals. Sorry, you have to respect unless are going to die on this hill of seeing him as a bust.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I cant believe Bieksa needs to say don't play Mcdavid or else they will injure him. What kind of league is this?
So embarrassing.

You can probably bet on which Panther will cheap shot and injure an Oiler first. My money is on Bennett, would actually be shocked if he doesn’t.

Reactions: McHelpus

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I’ve literally said I disagree with the analytics and blamed Nurse for them. If the numbers even showed him being great I’d trust that and the eye test with the small sample.

But I wanna see it over like a 30-40 game span.
Sure, he's young and unproven but why not just enjoy it. He's thriving in the Stanley Cup freaking Finals against a great team. Lets worry about him "proving it" next season. For now, there's a lot of hope with he and Holloway.

Reactions: McOilers97

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Also Skinner with the f***in massive save on Verhage when it was still like 2-1
Huge. Who knows how this game turns out if he doesn’t save our ass there. Who knows if we’d even be in the Cup finals if he didn’t save our ass in Game 6.

I only wish we could have given him some run support in Games 1-2.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Broberg? Sure, but this is the f***ing finals and he's playing like a #3 defenseman in the Stanley Cup f***ing finals. Sorry, you have to respect unless are going to die on this hill of seeing him as a bust.
I 100% how he is currently playing and love it.
My point was that it’s too small of a sample to say if he is a legit player or if he is just peaking at the right time. Wouldn’t be the first player.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Sure, he's young and unproven but why not just enjoy it. He's thriving in the Stanley Cup freaking Finals against a great team. Lets worry about him "proving it" next season. For now, there's a lot of hope with he and Holloway.
I am enjoying it, someone asked me a question. I answered it. Go away

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
My point was that it’s too small of a sample to say if he is a legit player or if he is just peaking at the right time. Wouldn’t be the first player.
He’s been playing amazing in the playoffs. Should be easier for him in regular season.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
That's more fair, I give him a top-4 spot to start next year based on this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad